Nexus 10 Shuts Down / Drains Battery = help please...

swanny86

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am having trouble with my Nexus 10. It will turn off suddenly (More likely when doing high demand tasks, e.g. games - i think..but not always). I cannot then get the device to successfully power up without plugging it into a charger (it will either boot up then turn off just as it gets to the unlock screen, or start up but have 0% battery) so will power down. It will also flicker sometimes before powering down.

I can then typically plug the tablet into the charger, it will start fine and I can use it for a bit then unplug the charger device and I am good to go (unless it turns off suddenley again).

It is under warrenty - which i have already requested a new one but I had a few questions...

1. Assuming I get a new device - how do I ensure I get all my apps back that I paid for? And even those I have not ? IS there an App history or something in the store?
2. I have been using this charger for the last month (Amazon.com: PowerGen Dual USB 3.1A 15w Travel Wall Charger with Swivel plug for Apple iPad 2, New iPad 3, iPhone 5 4s 4 3 3Gs, Amazon Kindle Fire HD DX KeyBoard, Samsung Galaxy Tab (USB Cable NOT included) - BLACK: MP3 Players & Accessories) with the Pogo. - Is it possible this charger broke the battery or similar?
3. It has two outputs... .5 to 3.1A Max & 1 to 3.1A Max - I notice the Nexus10 is 2.1A - is this a concern?
4. My device I ordered in Australia it came from hongkong - the charger was a UK Style plug and they gave me a converter assuring me it all be fine...is this part of the issue?

Thanks you!

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
1) the apps are linked to your google play account not the device, so unless you side loaded apps you should be fine.
2) 3) & 4) not sure I use the charger that came with the device [USA] and have my POGO plugged into it.

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So just to make it clear. It dies right away if you turn it on without power coming in from the pogo, but if you turn it on while charging it will work a while after it is unplugs. What is a while

Mhanger

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine is doing the exact same thing.
But.... I am not using a pogo charger, I'm using the factory supplied charger and cable.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

swanny86

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Like 10 minutes.

eg: Playing Carmageddon (nostolgia!) not charging
suddenty turns off
turn on - power off automatically
plug in charger
turn on - boots up - sometimes has 0% battery, other times it hadnt lost any batterty
after boot up - if you unplug straight away it can die
wait about 10 minutes and unplug
typically works fine

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
That sounds like the battery is depleted. It is possible to run the battery down even when connected to the charger. So once you attach the charger after sometime the battery has enough charge to complete starting up.

The pogo cable allows move current to flow, but I am not sure how well work with 3rd party chargers. I would get a factory charger.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

vantrader

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I am having this issue, I have contacted Google, all very helpful but I can't the point in changing the into if it's a software problem. I have same as above, on battery after a few minutes or a few days it suddenly goes off, then goes into a boot loop which can only be stopped by plugging in, if the boot loop has cycled a couple of time battery will show 0%. I will watch this thread with interest, there has to be a solution and as I am not the only one then surely Google can rectify this without replacing units.

Hitesh Jamb

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem since a few days...The device does not boot up.. when put on charge, it says charge complete...100% charged, when removing the charger the battery drains out to 0%..

Initially thought that this is not a battery problem, some issue with OS not booting up or something...with the blogs that I read here.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-10-tablet/248372-nexus-10-wont-turn.html

Still need to see a solution to the problem I have

Tricho

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem with sudden battery drain and going into reboot cycle. My nexus would shutdown just after a few seconds or minutes after disconnecting from charger. I purchased new battery from ebay and changed it myself. I have currently been running my nexus 10 on battery for about an hour. The problem seems to be gone. I will give an uptade in a day or so to be sure that everything is ok. So far it looks like that changing the battery solved the problem. :D

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe