Nexus 5 battery drain on airplane mode

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm noticing some battery drain during the night on my nexus 5 even when my phone is in airplane mode.. I charged it to 100 then took it off the charger and turned airplane mode on. When I woke up it was at 95 percent.. I know it's not a huge chunk of battery but isn't that still bad for it being in airplane which is supposed to turn off all the radios? I could of swore when I did this last week it only dropped one percent, why the sudden jump? And Google play services was the top thing draining battery according to my phone stat settings.. Any advice would be awesome! Is my battery starting to die?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm noticing some battery drain during the night on my nexus 5 even when my phone is in airplane mode.. I charged it to 100 then took it off the charger and turned airplane mode on. When I woke up it was at 95 percent.. I know it's not a huge chunk of battery but isn't that still bad for it being in airplane which is supposed to turn off all the radios? I could of swore when I did this last week it only dropped one percent, why the sudden jump? And Google play services was the top thing draining battery according to my phone stat settings.. Any advice would be awesome! Is my battery starting to die?

the battery % is not linear and not really 100% accurate - it's a rough estimate - so don't get too fixated and obsessed on the exact percentages. also the Android OS/Device will stop charging at 100% in order to protect the device/battery and will only restart charging after it loses a few % so it may not be at 100% when you take it off the charger.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site

Is this a joke?

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't see nothing wrong with that battery usage overnight. Keep in mind that there are still other processes running in the background, which explains the 5% drain. If you are worried about drain, but want to keep calls coming in, disable mobile data. It should yield about the same battery saving overnight.