Purchased an Android in airplane mode

Mar 28, 2023
Visit site
I purchased an Android and it's in airplane mode. In order to set it up I have to take it off of airplane mode but I can't get to that settings to connect to a network when it's in airplane mode. Can somebody help me? Unfortunately I did not try and activate the phone within the 30 days of purchase so I cannot take the phone back please help me thank you in advance! Samsung Galaxy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you first powered this phone on, it didn't start with the Setup Wizard? Was this a used phone, and if so, are you certain the seller did a full factory reset before selling it to you?

Which Galaxy phone do you have?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
What device do you have?

On many devices you can reach a shortcut to Airplane Mode by long pressing the power button. If the device is unlocked, meaning it has no pattern or other locking method in place, the notification panel can be pulled down and turned off/on from there. However this usually requires that the device be set-up, at least minimally, for there to be a notification panel and quick settings.

Mar 28, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you first powered this phone on, it didn't start with the Setup Wizard? Was this a used phone, and if so, are you certain the seller did a full factory reset before selling it to you?

Which Galaxy phone do you have?
I bought it from Walmart. Samsung yes it was just as a normal when you start up a phone when you buy it new thank you for your help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you already try swiping down the Quick Settings panel on the lockscreen, as VidJunky suggested above?

Mar 28, 2023
Visit site
What device do you have?

On many devices you can reach a shortcut to Airplane Mode by long pressing the power button. If the device is unlocked, meaning it has no pattern or other locking method in place, the notification panel can be pulled down and turned off/on from there. However this usually requires that the device be set-up, at least minimally, for there to be a notification panel and quick settings.
Samsung A03 and correct it doesn't work since it's not been set up yet

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's strange, I've never heard of a phone being in Airplane Mode right out of the box. The SIM card is inserted, correct?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It should still be under warranty (assuming you didn't buy it used or refurbished), so you may want to contact Samsung directly about this.