Nexus 6 Starting to Lag/Stutter

wxrusss8

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had this Nexus 6 since last March when I switched from Verizon to T-Mo. The phone is running 6.0.1 on MMB29K. It's not rooted. I have an average number of apps installed, mostly normal apps. I haven't found any apps to be hijacking my phone's resources, but that could still be a possibility. I've noticed the phone starts to stutter and lag really bad when I'm using a camera app. The screen really lags while taking photos and videos. This happens on a number of camera apps like the google camera app, manual camera, camera fv-5, open camera, instagram, etc. Not sure what it could be, any suggestions?

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Have you restarted/rebooted your phone recently? If not, try that - press/hold your power button and then tap the "power off" that pops up. Wait a couple of seconds and then press/hold power button till it starts up again.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Go thru all apps delete ones you don't need then clear cache. Check your messages my phone keeps way to many delete ones you don't need. Then reboot. You should see a nice improvement. If not do a factory reset.

Posted via the Android Central App

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I would start your phone is safe mode to help you find if any apps are doing this. My nexus 6 is on same build and it has been the best that this phone could be. I love it even more. Only thing that could make this phone the best is a fingerprint scanner and perhaps the mst technology that Samsung pay uses.

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Go thru all apps delete ones you don't need then clear cache. Check your messages my phone keeps way to many delete ones you don't need. Then reboot. You should see a nice improvement. If not do a factory reset.

I was looking and I can't find where to set text message limits. Thanks in advance.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
My phone is doing the same thing. I also notice it is much much worse when battery dips below 10% which means there must be some aggressive cpu throttling going on in the new build. For whatever reason the camera is super impacting.

I'm also on 29K, after manually flashing to original 6.0 in Oct and sideloading OTAs to get to 29K. Pretty clean path.

Considering flashing the 29S image since can't find a trustworthy OTA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys87