Nexus 6P - Thoughts on the dbrand skins?

Rocio190889

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Thoughts on the dbrand skins?

My dbrand skin got here today! Took me quite a while because I wanted it to look perfect, and I couldn't be happier. Though I also ordered the blue carbon fiber yesterday, couldn't help myself lol.

But for now I'm loving the titanium. The cutouts are absolutely perfect. I will definitely keep on buying from them.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 5330.jpg
    5330.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 152

Rocio190889

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site

Another pic :) and it's not slippery as I feared. It adds a nice grip

Attachments

• 5335.jpg
    5335.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 153

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

Yep,great company and exceptional service.Ordered a back matte skin for my S6 and it was here in the UK within 4 days.

bogeyx5

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

Back and frame are black titanium with titanium logo (& colored "X" obviously) and matte black camera. Love it.

It took me a while to install it and the top corners of the rear skin didn't want to stick flush at 4 points and it was annoying trying to fix it. I put a case over it for a few days for constant pressure and took it off. Problem solved! Very happy with it and will most likely be a repeat customer.

65b0632a86f3c03b5ec5f2bcc589724d.jpg

Rocio190889

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site

I really want one of these but I suck at even putting on screen protectors. :(

They have a very detailed instruction video on their website. That plus the cutouts are perfect, so I really think with some patience anyone can do it :)

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

They have a very detailed instruction video on their website. That plus the cutouts are perfect, so I really think with some patience anyone can do it :)

I guess I can give it a try. The time and patience thing is where I struggle. WIth a 2.5 year old at home, time and patience are dead to me. I'll have to lock myself in the bathroom with a blowdryer.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

The colors for the X in nexus are cut incorrectly - they are too small. Looks fine from a distance but janky up close. The cover for the back glass looks fine though.

20160125_150959.jpg

Outlined for your viewing pleasure

20160125_1509592.jpg

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

^^^ I concur. I installed "NEXUS" letters on two handsets and the inserts fit very well. My guess is that they sent letters for a smaller phone . . .

ModernTenshi04

May 25, 2010
Visit site

So do these really improve the "grip" of the phone at all? I'm considering one of the carbon fiber ones as I'm feeling the phone is just a bit too slick, and coupled with its large size I'm afraid I'll drop it at some point.

Rocio190889

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site

So do these really improve the "grip" of the phone at all? I'm considering one of the carbon fiber ones as I'm feeling the phone is just a bit too slick, and coupled with its large size I'm afraid I'll drop it at some point.

The titanium one I have does add grip, not much though. I've read in several places that the carbon fiber is better with grip. I ordered the blue one and it should be here next week :)

sidsub

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I installed the carbon fiber one last weekend, and it definitely improves the grip. I had ordered only the back and then wished I had the sides as well because it should improve the grip even more. I've ordered the sides (or frame) in carbon fiber as well now and it should be here in a few days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain Fluellen