Nexus 7 2013 Stolen.

LinuxDais

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Apologies if this has been asked before ( its my first post). My Nexus 7 2013 was stolen today, it is rooted and PIN protected. Can anyone access my stuff (nothing very important) because of it being rooted? Any feedback please - thanks.

Posted via AC app on Nexus 5

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry that happened to you! Well, first of all, I would try tracking the location of your Nexus 7. You can do that using Android Device Manager. It is good that you had pin protection on it. Anyways, I think that it being rooted won't have too much of an effect on the ability for people to access your personal information.

LinuxDais

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I tried tracking it - being a WIFI model, I'm guessing it wasn't connected to a WiFi network when i tried - it was showing unavailable. I'll keep trying though. Cheers.

Posted via AC app on Nexus 5

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
As a precaution I would recommend changing your account passwords, especially the Gmail account logged into the device. Although the device was password protected, its best to be as safe as possible.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
All the replies above are great advice. Unless the person guesses your pin, about the only thing they can do is reboot into recovery and wipe the device. If you haven't already you may want to log into device manager and send the signal to wipe it. At least that way you'll know it's wiped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubi_esme