NFC. Is it working and what app can you use.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
NFC works. Yes. There isn't much you can do right now. There aren't a lot of things your nfc will do for you right now. The tags app will create; and, save tags you've scanned. For example:

If you scan a tag: the tags app will show you that tag you scanned and save it there.
You can also create a tag there, IE: Contact Info, Text, URL.
If you have 2 phones with NFC chips you can, for example: Create a tag with contact info; and, the other phone can scan your NFC chip and grab that info instantly. (And then add it to their phone).

The biggest thing coming soon: Google Wallet. Turning your NFC chip into a credit card emulator to pay at register systems that have MasterCard NFC readers.

If you want to test to see if your NFC chip works: Take a credit card you have. Like a Visa with Blink (RFID chip). And hold your phone over it. It will scan, open up the tag app, and tell you unknown tag as it is not recognized from that app; but, assures you it's working.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried to put a card against it and nothing happen. So does that mean it doesn't work?

Does your card have an RFID chip in it? Is your NFC enabled under settings?

If so give it a few seconds. It might take a couple of seconds to register. Move it around a bit.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I actually bought a couple of re-writable tags and use them everyday. One at home, car and work. What each does is change my settings for each place I check into. Example mute at work, wifi and other stuff at home.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I actually bought a couple of re-writable tags and use them everyday. One at home, car and work. What each does is change my settings for each place I check into. Example mute at work, wifi and other stuff at home.

That's cool.

I'm pretty sure Google gives them out for free to business owners. I just started the whole process so I haven't gotten that far yet.

Ronboy09

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Does your card have an RFID chip in it? Is your NFC enabled under settings?

If so give it a few seconds. It might take a couple of seconds to register. Move it around a bit.

Okay I do have the chip and my nfc is enabled under my settings. And nothing happened again. What should I do now?

mickie98

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Make sure your card has chip in it very very few do and common garden variety petco card does not and probably never will.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Wow. What a POS. I paid good money for this NXZ tech and it doesn't even work? I should have gone EVO.

Ronboy09

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Where can I buy those re-writable tags?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I keep scanning all these cards and nothing happens. So yeah, something's wrong.

Seriously or are you joking. I feel like you are. Lol. I just tested mine to make sure something in the update didn't get messed up. And it worked instantly.

Do you see the chip; or does it say blink or whatever MasterCard says?

And yea. I forgot about the writeable cards that can change settings. I want those. Turn on Bluetooth when I get in my car.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to swipe my Blockbuster card so I can watch a movie and it's not working either. I even fired up the voice commands and have been saying RENT CAPTAIN AMERICA and nothing.

I'm past my 30 days. Am I SOL?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to swipe my Blockbuster card so I can watch a movie and it's not working either. I even fired up the voice commands and have been saying RENT CAPTAIN AMERICA and nothing.

I'm past my 30 days. Am I SOL?

Knew it. Lol! You have to swipe your Netflix card.

PS. They still make bb cards? I want mine to say total access so when I go in and trade in movies from the mail in my members only jacket and can look bad ass when I go outside and get into my lingenfelter vette. Cause I just rented terminator. On bluRay. When it wasn't filmed for it.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Do they even still make BlockBusters? I haven't seen one in a good three years and the Hollywood Video by me closed up last summer.

Nice Lingenfelter reference by the way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymousaga