No LED Light on Droid Maxx?

jimmyt

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I am the same way.. at home I set the phone on a counter or table and glance at it as I walk by.. using aokp I pick different colors for different notifications / red or blue - check now, green or white.. can wait. Hopefully active notifications can work in a similar maner once this phone is rooted and has some custom roms baked for it..

Boooooo! Having young kids I use the different colors from across the room to evaluate if I need to respond or not. Hopefully there will be an update to change colors and frequency of notification reminders?!?!

dspcap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was shocked to get this and no LED..... after using it for the day, I get the active notifications now..... still miss LED.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It will be a unique experience going from the rmhd with a giant led to the dm with none!

It really is but I don't mind. I also activated the Sleep assist and my active notifications turn off during those hours so its awesome. Not that this couldn't be done before though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I was shocked to get this and no LED..... after using it for the day, I get the active notifications now..... still miss LED.

I was looking at LED apps on the app store hoping for one that might fit the bill, but i'm pretty unfamiliar with both android and amoled screens, but there seemed to be a few.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It will be a unique experience going from the rmhd with a giant led to the dm with none!

With with the giganto LED on my RMHD I can see from across the room whether I should check it now or not based on the color of the LED flashing. Can't do that with active notifications I guess.

Nec3f

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the phone will light up when you pull it out of your pocket; however I think it has to have a pretty large orientation change for it to light up. I say this because I put the phone in my pocket and held my pocket open and looked at the display of the phone to see if it was lit up while I was walking around at work

It actually really doesn't. If I have it on my desk it'll flash on regularly every time I bump my desk or shuffle something around. At home, if i have it on the arm of my recliner, it 'breathes' the time every time my chair rocks. Between that and the 'breathing' when I have an email or text are getting really distracting (though I do get distracted easily). I wish it had an LED option as well. Especially if there were different options for different things (say AD for somethings and LED for others instead of all or none). I'm thinking about turning it off. The problem is, if I put it face down, I won't notice if I get an email and if I leave it face up I'll dismiss the email/text so it's not distracting and then I'll forget about it.

I'm sure I'll figure something out...or they will and they'll be a solution soon enough.
Of course, it seems as though just hitting the power button twice to light up the screen and then dim it makes the AD stop breathing, but you'll still have the notification at the top, so I can probably live with that.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
For what period of time?

Indefinitely. That's the "breathing". When face up and not in a pocket, it will periodically relight to show notifications, or the time, or whatever. When face down it doesn't breath. Also, some of the modes, such as sleep from active controls will prevent breathing for specific hours.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Does the active notifications have different colors for different notifications? Email, text, voice mail etc

The icon for the program that gave you the notification is what blinks in and out on the Active Display. If you missed a text it will be the text icon, if you missed an email its the email icon, etc. So there's no need for different colors because you can see what program is leaving you a notification.

Nec3f

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
The icon for the program that gave you the notification is what blinks in and out on the Active Display. If you missed a text it will be the text icon, if you missed an email its the email icon, etc. So there's no need for different colors because you can see what program is leaving you a notification.
I was wondering about colors as well. It would be nice to see it from a few feet away or at an angle and tell why it's blinking. Also, I have 4 email address that come to the phone. On my last phone, each one had it's own color LED assigned to it, as well as other colors for missed call and text message. I could glance down at the phone and tell exactly what was going on. And since they were less obtrusive they could blink more rapidly, with this, I see that something came up and then I have to wait for it to come again, then I see that it's an email, but is in junk in my 'that's probably spam' account or something on my work account that I have to deal with even if it's 11pm?
But AN are very new, perhaps colored AN or being able to control the blink rate or what is displayed will come with an update. What might be nice is just some solid text "1 New Email in GMAIL Inbox" or "2 New Text Messages" or "2 Missed Calls", not blinking just static. Since it's not blinking it wouldn't be distracting and you would have to wait for it to pop up again. They could then display the lock button as well and when you put your finger on it you could have the option to clear it or unlock the phone or go to some specific screen.

That screen looks blurry as hell.
What screen? Yours? If your screen is blurry, something's wrong. It should be pretty damn crisp.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
It was different not having it. After a couple days I'm used to it and actually like the new way it does it

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
It was different not having it. After a couple days I'm used to it and actually like the new way it does it

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Use active display notifications ..the feature is really good ..I don't miss led anymore .

Posted via Android Central App

I agree that I really like the active notification system better than an LED. My question is this: is this a Motorola feature or is this a new Google OS feature? I believe it's a Motorola feature and will not be included on other handsets.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I agree that I really like the active notification system better than an LED. My question is this: is this a Motorola feature or is this a new Google OS feature? I believe it's a Motorola feature and will not be included on other handsets.

This is moto only feature and needs special hw to be able to support this feature without draining battery.

Posted via Android Central App

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Most would agree a LED is more useful. When you could actually leave your phone face up and see from across the room that you got a notification/missed call since the last time you turned your phone on...

I know Motorola is going all in on its 'Active Display' but I wish it would still have a LED. Perhaps a more advanced version of NoLED will allow a continual notification, as the default 'Active Display' is based on phone pickup only (or immediately after event).

This is almost entirely wrong. Most opinions have differed in regards to the utility of the active notifications. Mine continues to light up every few seconds until I clear them.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali