No service - battery dying

woolooloo

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have an Atrix that I've replaced with the Samsung Galaxy SIII, so it is disconnected or unprovisioned or whatever the terminology is from AT&T. It still has a SIM card in it. I'd like to use some apps on the Atrix as kind of a mini-tablet where I won't need any access to AT&T, just maybe occasional WiFi. However, ever since AT&T "disabled" it when I got my Samsung, the battery dies in an hour or two. I even put the thing into airplane mode which I figured would disable all the radios.

It seems very unhappy not having access to AT&T. Is there some setting I can change to fix this? Besides airplane mode, I've gone into the settings and disabled most everything I could see that seemed adio related (like 3G and data). Unfortunately it isn't much use to me with the battery dying so fast. Thanks for any ideas.

CoolBeit

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Rooted? Stock ROM?

If on stock, maybe try something like cm7 instead? I wonder if the att/moto firmware is doing some kind of polling even when it's supposed to be on airplane mode.

woolooloo

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I am rooted, but running stock ROM. That's a good idea though, let me find some time to install CM and give it a try and see if it helps. I'll report back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoverSpike