Nokia 6 TA-1025 on Cricket Wireless: "error 10" when attempting to send SMS messages

TarttApple

Jan 6, 2019
Visit site
Title explains most of it. My Nokia 6 is unrooted, a few months old, carries a Cricket SIM card... I've recently gotten this error repeatedly and seemingly out of nowhere when I try to send SMS messages, so I looked it up, gave up and figured that restarting would be the way out... as it normally is.

It wasn't.

I turned on my light, spent half an hour trying to look for my SIM slot unlocking thingamajig...only to give up and use a pushpin, which worked. Took out the SIM, reinserted, restarted. That's fixed pretty much every SIM problem I've ever had, at least temporarily. No, not even that worked...so I updated my phone to the latest available software update; even though it was just security-related, I was looking for an answer. That didn't work either.

So here I am, making a post on Android Central for the first time.

Occurs almost immediately after texting a message or attempting to resend one. I've texted multiple people, and the same result shows up. I haven't seen this exact issue before, so I hope we can work to find a solution!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190106-023758_2.png
    Screenshot_20190106-023758_2.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
re: Nokia 6 TA-1025 on Cricket Wireless: "error 10" when attempting to send SMS messages

Welcome.

Have you also spoken to your carrier about this?

TarttApple

Jan 6, 2019
Visit site
Well, after hours of testing, it seems to work perfectly fine now. I'm still not exactly sure what error code 10 is supposed to mean, but I guess it's over now? Figured it'd be a client-side problem, but again, I don't know. Thanks for the reply.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I assumed it might be a carrier-related problem, or bad SIM, therefore worth checking those things first.
Error 10 can I believe be caused by a blank text message, or one that exceeds the permitted number of characters, a couple of things to consider perhaps should the problem recur. But other things may cause it for all I know.
Anyways let us know if you have further trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001