Nokia 7.1 won't send mms over wifi

Nokiablue

Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
My Nokia 7. 1 stopped sending mms over wifi about four months ago and I still can't figure out why. The model is a TA-1085 GSM that I purchased unlocked from Amazon and I am using tracfone. I have spoken with tracfone and I have tried entering the apn settings they gave me and even used the auto apn setup by using 611611 and mms still won't work over wifi.

It works fine when using data but as soon as I turn it off and switch to wifi, nothing. I am positive I am connected to wifi with wifi calling off. At this point I am out of ideas. I have wiped the phone and it still will not work. All I have left to do is replace the Sim card.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! MMS requires mobile data, so if your mobile data is off and wi-fi calling is off, I'm not sure how MMS will be sent over wi-fi (unless Tracfone has a special messaging platform like Verizon's Messages+ that can allow the user to send MMS over wi-fi). When you spoke to Tracfone, did you tell them that you had both mobile data and wi-fi calling turned off?

Nokiablue

Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
Yes, and they told me mms cannot be sent over wifi with data off. But, I was doing it for MONTHS before it stopped. I purposely keep my data off and only use it if i have to because a majority of the time I am in a place that has wifi.

Before this phone I had an axon 7 that I was able to send mms via wifi with tracfone as my carrier and I used it for two years.

Are there any other setting that could be affecting this?