Not seeing my Bluetooth devices on my Moto X Pure Edition

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Alright, guys. I have one day left before I can return this phone and I just discovered that it does not even see my bit30 nes controller or my sharkk Bluetooth speaker. I have used these devices countless times on my OG X and my nexus 10 (both on 5.1.1) without issue. I have a nexus player and it sees that fine (haven't had a chance to try to connect it yet).

I did some research and all I can find to try is to put it in safe mode and try pairing. It still doesn't see either.

Is there anything else I can try? If I can't get this resolved by tomorrow, I am sending it back permanently because I don't want to play risky games with the replacement they will send me.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: X Pure doesn't see Bluetooth devices

Admittedly, I've only paired to my tablet and Smart TV, but I had no problem pairing them. Sorry I can't offer more help.

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Do other Bluetooth devices pair correctly?

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Do other Bluetooth devices pair correctly?

The only other bluetooth capable device I own is my Nexus Player. It sees it and says it pairs, but I honestly don't know what I can do with this pairing to see if it's actually working. However, I just noticed the X Pure doesn't have a chromecast button in Youtube and all of my devices just have these buttons without any work on my part (I don't know if this is done over bluetooth or wifi).

This is extremely frustrating. I trust the knowledge of the AC community far more than a chat rep on Moto's site, but I guess I'll ask them about it tomorrow. If I don't have this worked out by the end of the day tomorrow, it's going back.

Macville

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site

However, I just noticed the X Pure doesn't have a chromecast button in Youtube and all of my devices just have these buttons without any work on my part (I don't know if this is done over bluetooth or wifi).

Chromecast is done through WiFi. So you have to be connected to the WIFI network that the Chromecast is connected to for the Chromecast button to come up.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Chromecast is done through WiFi. So you have to be connected to the WIFI network that the Chromecast is connected to for the Chromecast button to come up.

Well it's connected to the same wifi network, so I have no idea how to explain that. Going to Moto support chat now to see if there's anything they can do.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I'd try to find other Bluetooth devices.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I'd try to find other Bluetooth devices.

Well, I was able to finally get it to pair with my speaker, but the only way I could do that was to activate the pairing with NFC. The controller operates in a few modes, and the XP sees it in two of those modes, but they are useless as an android gamepad in those modes. I have no reason to believe it's the accessories, since they work flawlessly with all of my friends' phones and my old phone/tablet.

Looks I'll be keeping the phone in hopes I can eventually sort out why it refuses to see any BT devices. I will test more whenever I see a opportunity. At least now I know that it's not hardware related.

irasmith

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site

Just posting this in hopes it helps others out regarding Bluetooth devices. I have only a couple of devices, a SPOT connect device which paired up on my first attempt. My Bluetooth headset I could never get to show up in the list of devices to even try to pair it up. At least in my case it may be an issue of age as the SPOT connect device is just a couple years old where the headset is so old that I don't recall exactly when I bought it, but it has been quite awhile ago as it has served me through through three if not four separate phones. Either the headset is just flat wore out or its older technology just can't deal with the newer technology on the new phone. I am about to replace the headset and go from there.

krlseidl

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

I just got a Pure last week and had the same issue. Once I turned off NFC I was able to connect all my bluetooth devices, both old and new.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I can connect to bluetooth devices without issue. This is with having NFC on. I haven't gone into the settings to change that setting since I've had the phone. Happy the OP got his phone to work as he has intended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk