Note 10 stuck in reboot loop after automatic update

Dan BC

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
If left alone, the phone keeps rebooting, it will advance up to the T-Mobile screen until it reboots.

I found some guides online to try going into safe mode and recovery menu to troubleshoot but they all require turning off the phone first which i was not able to do.

Most guides suggest holding down the power button and volume down button for 15 - 30 seconds but it does not work, it just reboots the phone. It never turns off.

Is there another option to turn it off while its stuck in this loop?

Eventually the battery drained and its off that way but am concerned if i turn it back on it will just start looping again.

Aside from the safe mode and recovery mode - what are the other options to get this working again?
If i flash it with working firmware - would the phone keep all the data?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You need to flash the firmware again through odin , if you use Home CSC along with the other 3 files your data shouldn't be erased .

Plug your phone in the computer then hold volume down/power button until down load mode appears.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How long did you try holding Power and Vol Down for? You might have to hold them down even longer, like for a minute (and time it using a clock or a watch -- that can seem like an eternity).

Dan BC

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
You need to flash the firmware again through odin , if you use Home CSC along with the other 3 files your data shouldn't be erased .

Plug your phone in the computer then hold volume down/power button until down load mode appears.

Thanks, i will try this, is this a reputable site to obtain the firmware?:
https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-note-10-plus/firmware/SM-N975U/TMB/#SM-N975U

How long did you try holding Power and Vol Down for? You might have to hold them down even longer, like for a minute (and time it using a clock or a watch -- that can seem like an eternity).

I think 30 seconds , definitely not a full minute, though i can give that a shot before flashing the firmware.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site