Note 10+, Verizon and Speedtest.net App Results

charlier180

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
After I configured my 10+ and loaded all my Apps I decided to see what kind of internet speed the 10+ was capable of. I was curious to see if the newer technology in the 10+ would given me a faster connection than my old Note 4.

When I run the speedtest app (that I also ran on my Note 4 using the same server location) I noticed something VERY interesting. With my old Note 4 I would see speeds inside my house ranging from 5-20 Mbps down and 3-5 Mbps up depending where in the house I measured the speed. When I use the same app and server in those same locations in the house with the Note 10+ I am seeing 50-90 Mbps down and 10-15 Mbps up.

So either the 10+ has really improved antennas and technology (compared to the Note 4) or the speedtest app is being fooled into showing higher speeds by the 10+ and needs an update.

So what are other 10+ owners (on the Verizon network) seeing when you run the speedtest app with your new phone?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I am on TMobile and my speeds are awesome.
c6fb676d108f0b5cf26efef0d8977ca9.jpg

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
After I configured my 10+ and loaded all my Apps I decided to see what kind of internet speed the 10+ was capable of. I was curious to see if the newer technology in the 10+ would given me a faster connection than my old Note 4.

When I run the speedtest app (that I also ran on my Note 4 using the same server location) I noticed something VERY interesting. With my old Note 4 I would see speeds inside my house ranging from 5-20 Mbps down and 3-5 Mbps up depending where in the house I measured the speed. When I use the same app and server in those same locations in the house with the Note 10+ I am seeing 50-90 Mbps down and 10-15 Mbps up.

So either the 10+ has really improved antennas and technology (compared to the Note 4) or the speedtest app is being fooled into showing higher speeds by the 10+ and needs an update.

So what are other 10+ owners (on the Verizon network) seeing when you run the speedtest app with your new phone?

The single biggest thing going on in the phone is carrier aggregation of more bands.

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

Mic Drop.... BOOM
d84c9e2049c4197ee56ff1a4fbdac8bf.jpg

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
We probably won't be getting it anytime soon in Hawai'i. As always, our city and state politburo members are being retarded.

They want to charge $2,500 to $3,000 dollars per pole for the 5G antennas. The average per pole cost in mainland cities is around $40 per pole.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story...etting-there-in-hawaii-could-be-a-bumpy-road/

This is what happens when your economy is based solely on tourism.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
That's why I left Verizon because of poor speeds everywhere I went. I have AT&T now and get what others have posted here. 100 plus a lot.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
That's why I left Verizon because of poor speeds everywhere I went. I have AT&T now and get what others have posted here. 100 plus a lot.

Yea I used to have ATT and the speeds were wonderful. Now I’m with Verizon and while they are not fast everywhere they do have better coverage. That’s why I had to switch back and even then the areas I go are very very low coverage or 3G only.

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
The speeds posted here are ~200mbps for AT&T, and my picture of 1,541mbps for Verizon. Granted, since you get "100 plus alot" and only able to do so with AT&T because the Verizon coverage in your geographical area may be poor, with numbers like the above it would be prescient of you to recheck from time to time because the efforts on the part of the phone carriers to implement 5G is extremely aggressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anarachnid