Note 3 case questions

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

With the new leather back on the Note 3, do you still put a case on it? I'm thinking it might hold dirty fingerprints without a case. The cases I buy really aren't a whole lot of protection (like Otterbox for example). Is the leather back slippery to hold like the Note 2?

Thanks,
Deb

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

With the new leather back on the Note 3, do you still put a case on it? I'm thinking it might hold dirty fingerprints without a case. The cases I buy really aren't a whole lot of protection (like Otterbox for example). Is the leather back slippery to hold like the Note 2?

Thanks,
Deb

The back side is less slippery then the Note 2, but nonetheless I would recommend you putting a case just for having extra protection. Like I always say, you bought a 600$ phone, don't get cheap on the small stuff:)

souleem

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi ShaggyKids,

I agree with Foramex; this very expensive phone needs protection in case you drop it on concrete or some other hard surface.

Alma

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

Thanks,
Deb

I still do, love the uag line of cases

Posted via Android Central App

hcane466

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
A case will make you feel as if your holding a completely different phone...A better phone because it feels much more secure in your hand.
You can go over to Amazon. .
They have a good selection at good prices.
Good Luck

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Like I mentioned, the cases I have always bought don't do diddly squat to protect. I don't like bulk like the Otterbox etc ... I bought the case I have on my Note 2 because when naked it's slippery and difficult to pick up because of it's thin design but holding it without a case I like. It's not a matter of spending money on the case, the case I buy simply user-preference adds just enough bulk to make my phone easier to pick up. I was hoping with the leather back on the Note 3 wouldn't be slippery so I wouldn't need that extra slight bit of bulk.

I wasn't going to buy a Note 3 and still don't really plan on it unless I can't get all the bugs out of my Note 2 since it got the 4.3 upgrade which is aggravating me. I love my Note 2 and if i can fix the 4.3 glitches I don't plan to spend money on a phone at this point.

Thank you all for your responses.

Sabrina Fair

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I went with the Samsung S-View case. A bit pricy but it is really nice and has added feature functions.

That is a sharp looking case.

Did you purchase it from a Verizon store. Or did you use eBay or Amazon?

Amazon and eBay have tons of these, but I am not sure if they are third-party or actual Samsung manufactured....

In my area, full retail price @ Verizon for the S-View case is 59.99. I guess it is what it is. I'll be paying full price for the phone - 699.

~ Sabrina Fair

Johnny Umphress

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I bought it from an eBay phone case seller for $27 free shipping OEM in original packaging. I thought it was a pretty good deal. I like the fact that is has a lens over the window to further protect the screen yet you can still use the S-pen through the lens. And the case extends out a little past the outer edge of the phone to protect the edges. Also, it still has that nice looking stitched leather-like appearance.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That is a sharp looking case.

Did you purchase it from a Verizon store. Or did you use eBay or Amazon?

Amazon and eBay have tons of these, but I am not sure if they are third-party or actual Samsung manufactured....

In my area, full retail price @ Verizon for the S-View case is 59.99. I guess it is what it is. I'll be paying full price for the phone - 699.

~ Sabrina Fair

If you are not in a hurry, there may be a sale. It was $599 on Black Friday weekend.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Tater78

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I thought I'd offer my opinion too as I always have the irresistible need to have cases on my phones.

I started with the S view case which was really nice, looked great and didn't feel like it added bulk to the already large phone. However, I soon found myself irritated with making phone calls. I didn't like the feel of the case on my face while talking. I tried having the front flipped back while on a call and that was even worse. The phone did not feel secure at all.

I ended up with a Speck grip case and I love it. The case does not add bulk and my phone feels very secure in my hand or even just resting on my knee. It covers the metal edging and is not very thick. It does provide enough protection that when I set it face down it does not rest on the screen and when it's on its back, there is no wobble from the can gets lens on the back. Another important feature to me is it clears and up easily.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans