Note 3 Screen Rotation

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I'm raping the forums.
But, my screen rotation doesn't work.
I tried EVERYTHING. It rotates to the left, but NEVER to the right. I turned smart rotate off, bec they said it causes that becuz it follows your faces orientation. I twisted and turned and bent in all degrees possible. But no rotate to the right happened. I opened the gallery btw. I mihht also add the rotate to the left took 3-4 seconds.
Please help. I have limited time for replacement.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Try to use app such as Unlimited rotation control. See if your phone would rotate with the app then try to do factory reset see if that helps.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
+1 Ultimate Rotation Control - and buy the license key. This is THE solution to what you want. You can set global settings for landscape for example, and then enable 'per app' settings for individual apps that do not like to be rotated (some apps behave strangely). It even rotates the lock screen.

I use my phone almost exclusively in landscape mode and this app is invaluable.

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
+1 Ultimate Rotation Control - and buy the license key. This is THE solution to what you want. You can set global settings for landscape for example, and then enable 'per app' settings for individual apps that do not like to be rotated (some apps behave strangely). It even rotates the lock screen.

I use my phone almost exclusively in landscape mode and this app is invaluable.

I did. But no. It did not work.
I ended up having it replaced at the store.
Now, the screen automatically dims even though I did not set the brightness to auto.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I did. But no. It did not work.
I ended up having it replaced at the store.
Now, the screen automatically dims even though I did not set the brightness to auto.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

You might have power saving turned on, that might dim the screen......

jbagel2

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Samsung phones with the OLED screens have an option under display that allows you to set I think its called adaptive dimming, this is used partially is an always on power save function, and partially as an automatic contrast adjustment. But to everybody else it just looks like more screen dimming. you can just uncheck the box and it should stop, I can't remember exactly what its called but its in the same area where you can change the display to dynamic or theater or movie or whatever.

Alan Bottomley

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
What I would like is a screen rotation control where you just place your thumb and forefinger on the screen and then rotate (either clockwise or anti-clockwise as desired), and the screen would then respond and stay in that orientation until you gesture otherwise.
Does such an app exist? I can't find one in the Play store.
Can a developer please make such an app to do this? It would be the perfect solution for me. :)

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
A couple to look into Alan: Adaptive Rotation Lock, GMD Gesture Control, Tasker

I have them all, but not sure if they'll do what you want. But they might. Rotation Lock is similar to Rotation Control, so I'm assuming you saw this already. WIth Gesture Control, you may be able to assign screen rotation, but I'm not sure. Lastly, Tasker may be able to do this, and is an extremely powerful app, and has a steep learning curve.

Good luck.

kwacker640

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
i had similar problem with screen rotation. the pics will only manually rotate when accessed via 'Gallery'
simply press lower left tab and select 'rotate right' or 'rotate left'
keep smilin..... ciao4now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174