Note 3 to be released in September... will the price of Note 2 drop like a rock pretty soon? :(

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I went to Best Buy the other day and saw the Samsung experience thingy and was looking at the S4. The screen popped out and was very noticeable yet I think the brightness was up 100%. So it looked more crisp but who has their phone at 100% brightness? That would kill the battery. Does anybody know what the ppi of the note 2 vs the S4?

The note 2 has 267 PPI and the s4 is 441

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

PPI doesn't mean a whole lot anymore, its the screen resolution, as PPI only represents the amount of "pixels per inch" and determines display size not quality or clarity.

Its really only useful for advertising/competition purposes.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I will say my wife has a S3 and when she saw that she was amazed and she wanted that very badly. That's an awesome screen but not enough to make me upgrade to it. I wish Samsung would make a vanilla device the size of the note 2. Then I may be thinking about upgrading lol

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
PPI doesn't mean a whole lot anymore, its the screen resolution, as PPI only represents the amount of "pixels per inch" and determines display size not quality or clarity.

Its really only useful for advertising/competition purposes.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

No yes I'm aware of that the person above just wanted to know it. Although I will say the higher PPI in the s4 does look nice I still like the display on the note 2

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I will say my wife has a S3 and when she saw that she was amazed and she wanted that very badly. That's an awesome screen but not enough to make me upgrade to it. I wish Samsung would make a vanilla device the size of the note 2. Then I may be thinking about upgrading lol

Im sure the next note will have a Google play edition. But what's the point of that? Its a stripped down device with no features. Just put a custom vanilla rom in your device :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Im sure the next note will have a Google play edition. But what's the point of that? Its a stripped down device with no features. Just put a custom vanilla rom in your device :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Why fix something if it's not broke?

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for Note III and was reading this thread. It occurred to me that in November 2011 I bought at Costco Wireless an HTC Rezound that just came out with 50% off. So, out of curiosity, I just looked up and Note II with the 2-yr extension is $129.99.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for Note III and was reading this thread. It occurred to me that in November 2011 I bought at Costco Wireless an HTC Rezound that just came out with 50% off. So, out of curiosity, I just looked up and Note II with the 2-yr extension is $129.99.

I bought my Rezound in November 2011 as well, and for over 80% off.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Rezound in November 2011 as well, and for over 80% off.

I looked up the receipt, and the actual name of the company was Wireless Advocates that was working with Costco. I paid $49.99 for the phone that just came on the market which was a laughable price. Somebody on this forum suggested that lead. I couldn't believe my eyes. Which makes me wonder if there is a time-saving and not cumbersome way to monitor discounts from various sellers?

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I looked up the receipt, and the actual name of the company was Wireless Advocates that was working with Costco. I paid $49.99 for the phone that just came on the market which was a laughable price. Somebody on this forum suggested that lead. I couldn't believe my eyes. Which makes me wonder if there is a time-saving and not cumbersome way to monitor discounts from various sellers?

That would be nice

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Yes, wireless advocates is Costco wireless. I use slickdeals.net, and you can set up deal alerts for whatever you want.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Is this slickdeals.net reputable?

I use it all the time. But just because someone posts something doesn't necessarily mean that it is a good deal... You have to do your own research.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I use it all the time. But just because someone posts something doesn't necessarily mean that it is a good deal... You have to do your own research.

Yes I know that's why I'm asking lol :D