Note 4 Hangouts vs Stock Messenger

Billy Burney

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Hangouts vs Stock Messenger

Textra (?) is my choice. I have personal reasons for not using Hangouts. But the stock messenger app has 1 really annoying feature that I just can't get past. When you set notifications to repeat every 2 minutes, you must actually exit what you are doing and go into the app and read the message. You can swipe it away from the notification drop down, but it will continue to beep every 2 minutes.

At least with textra when you click on the notification you get a pop up with an option to reply, while you remain in your app that you are using. If you swipe away from the notification, it will stop reminding you that you got a new message. Seems simple, but on this Multi-tasking power house, the need to exit an app and load messenger, then exit messenger and re-load your app is just too much... especially if the app you are exiting isn't multi window compatible.

This is true. But you are able to enable a pop up window in the default messenger app on the note 4. Only thing is the pop up doesn't work in the local screen so you have to manually open the phone to see the pop up and then decide to review it, respond to it or call the person. Also enable multi window so you never have to leave an app. Default messenger app works flawlessly in multi window.

Billy Burney

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Hangouts vs Stock Messenger

Textra (?) is my choice. I have personal reasons for not using Hangouts. But the stock messenger app has 1 really annoying feature that I just can't get past. When you set notifications to repeat every 2 minutes, you must actually exit what you are doing and go into the app and read the message. You can swipe it away from the notification drop down, but it will continue to beep every 2 minutes.

At least with textra when you click on the notification you get a pop up with an option to reply, while you remain in your app that you are using. If you swipe away from the notification, it will stop reminding you that you got a new message. Seems simple, but on this Multi-tasking power house, the need to exit an app and load messenger, then exit messenger and re-load your app is just too much... especially if the app you are exiting isn't multi window compatible.

This is true. But you are able to enable a pop up window in the default messenger app on the note 4. Only thing is the pop up doesn't work in the lock screen so you have to manually open the phone to see the pop up and then decide to review it, respond to it or call the person. Also enable multi window so you never have to leave an app. Default messenger app works flawlessly in multi window.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali