Note 5 keeps getting "Not charging" or "Docking Station connected" notifications non stop

SCD23x

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 5 keeps getting "Not charging" or "Docking Station connected" notifications non stop

Happens to me only when connected with the fast charger.

SephasRocks

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Note 5 keeps getting "Not charging" or "Docking Station connected" notifications non stop

The same problem with me. Then every once in a while the Gear VR Welcome page shows up and wants me to get the app. This is driving me nuts. Any help from Samsung? Please....

Same issue with Fast charger that came in the box with new Note 5. Changed to older charger with NO issues, so far. As to Samsung Gear VR - you will need to Disable the 3 apps that are running - look under App Manager/ALL and find Gear vr apps - disable all 3 of them. I also disabled the Samsung PUSH app, as it tried several times to restart Gear VR. MOST of us worldwide DO NOT use Gear VR, so not too sure why Samsung is pushing that on many of us.

HowieSun

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site

Same issue with Fast charger that came in the box with new Note 5. Changed to older charger with NO issues, so far. As to Samsung Gear VR - you will need to Disable the 3 apps that are running - look under App Manager/ALL and find Gear vr apps - disable all 3 of them. I also disabled the Samsung PUSH app, as it tried several times to restart Gear VR. MOST of us worldwide DO NOT use Gear VR, so not too sure why Samsung is pushing that on many of us.

Disabled the 3 GEAR VR and it worked!!
Now it is charging! However, not fast charging...

mgvh

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site

Old thread, but the problem just started happening with me. Driving me crazy with the beeping warning that my Note5 was not charging even when not plugged in.
As noted in this thread, the problem seems to be that Gear VR app Samsung is forcing on us. Disabling it did indeed stop the "not charging" issue.
NOTE: In Settings, go to Applications, then Application Manager.
Click on MORE (upper right) and choose to show system apps.
Now you will see all 3 Gear VR apps. Force stop ... and the problem is solved.
This issue really should have been resolved long ago.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgibbs83