Note 5 vs iPhone 6s

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Aggravated with iOS /Android back and forth

I use Spotify always now since my carrier gives it free for 2 years on their Share Everything Plans. I did like Google Music better than Apple Music when I used both.

abarzua21

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I'm also a fan of technology, every phone I owned was Android, but every tablet I owned is IPad. I like them both, but for my everyday usage I need my android I can't see myself using an iPhone. The battery life on IOS I have to agree, I went 2 days with heavy usage and my android I charge 2x a day. I just don't like apple storage like wtf are people supposed to do with 16GB not everyone has an extra hundred for more storage.

Posted via the Android Central App From my Note 5

Nuttz565

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

The fact that Google still can't figure out messaging is bizarre. I know they have Hangouts but it is nowhere near iMessage. Why cant Google implement a messaging service of their own that works similar to iMessage and works through Googles servers and ties in with the native sms?? I'm guessing Apple has tons of patents, If you ask almost any person that switches to Android from iOS usually the one thing they miss is iMessage.

Nuttz565

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Sending video is the beauty of imessage because it doesn't compress it. When an imessage user sends a non imessage user a video or an image it goes through MMS and the media is then compressed to make it a smaller file to send.

Could always have your wife send the videos through hangouts though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Just curious how you send videos through Hangouts?? Im running the latest build of Hangouts and I still see no options for sending video, only pictures

jfreeflowers

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

The fact that Google still can't figure out messaging is bizarre. I know they have Hangouts but it is nowhere near iMessage. Why cant Google implement a messaging service of their own that works similar to iMessage and works through Googles servers and ties in with the native sms?? I'm guessing Apple has tons of patents, If you ask almost any person that switches to Android from iOS usually the one thing they miss is iMessage.

Messaging on my note was so annoying, the fact that it was probably my most frequently used app was a huge reason I decided to try something new. IMessage has definitely been a breath of fresh air. I tried hangouts which was def better than stock but I still found issues with group messaging. Hopefully one day they get it right.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

I've been on Android from iOS again since last Thursday and have been receiving group messages with no issue. Group messages have been the single biggest trap for keeping me from making the switch to Android for my phone needs and iOS for my tablet. I'd always switch, have group messaging issue then switch back. This time, instead of just turning off iMessage I also deregistered my number from Apple. Haven't missed a group message from my iPhone wielding wife and siblings in law yet!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

So, it looks like these carriers are starting to implement advanced messaging features that are similar to iMessage. If they succeed and we are able to video chat, send full resolution videos and pictures to any phone, where does that leave most of you who still prefer the iPhone?

Last edited:

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

Why do you say this? I don't know, but there are many reasons why I don't want an iPhone over my Note 5.

LED light
Camera
Screen
Fast charging
Wireless charging
Heart rate monitor
s-pen
Private mode
multi-window
Gear VR
File manager
Background processing
Samsung Pay

Note in my house!

All true but I think you'll find as you get older your needs and the way you do things will change and evolve. Most of those things aren't that big of a deal for me. I love the S Pen and the ability to do true multi-tasking so naturally that would be right now but while the Note 5 may technically be better in those other areas, that doesn't mean the iPhone is bad. Anyway, I'm no where close to that point yet. I love my Note 5 and don't plan on giving it up any time soon. Just saying when I'm ready to settle down into old age, the iPhone might suit my needs just fine. Of course I could be wrong (happens every now and then). :p

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

All true but I think you'll find as you get older your needs and the way you do things will change and evolve. Most of those things aren't that big of a deal for me. I love the S Pen and the ability to do true multi-tasking so naturally that would be right now but while the Note 5 may technically be better in those other areas, that doesn't mean the iPhone is bad. Anyway, I'm no where close to that point yet. I love my Note 5 and don't plan on giving it up any time soon. Just saying when I'm ready to settle down into old age, the iPhone might suit my needs just fine. Of course I could be wrong (happens every now and then).
Don't get me wrong, I really like the iPhone, I just don't understand why it would be a better choice as you become elderly.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

Don't get me wrong, I really like the iPhone, I just don't understand why it would be a better choice as you become elderly.

Yikes! Elderly? That sounds so bad. Actually I think it's because you get where you become like a lot of other iPhone users, you just want things to work and you don't care about all the details. Now that I think about it, I may never get to that point because I'm such a techie but never say never as they say. Suffice to say that I absolutely love my Note 5 and may go to my grave with a Note. :cool:

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Just curious how you send videos through Hangouts?? Im running the latest build of Hangouts and I still see no options for sending video, only pictures
This is a good question because I thought you could before, but I no longer see the option.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I know. I am going on a device buying binge after Christmas. 2 new MS 950/xl for me and the wife, a priv and passport android as well.

Also going to get the pixel 2, C and 6p from google when I goto florida this summer.
Oh boy! That is a binge. The Passport Android is going to be very tempting.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

I've tried it before and only made it a few months but I'm making a concerted effort to not switch away from the Nexus 6P at least until my upgrade date, September 2016. There's really no need to honestly.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I've tried it before and only made it a few months but I'm making a concerted effort to not switch away from the Nexus 6P at least until my upgrade date, September 2016. There's really no need to honestly.
You are right, there really isn't a reason to upgrade if you just got the 6P in September. Have fun with it for a year.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

This is a good question because I thought you could before, but I no longer see the option.

Hmm, I swear there was an option to send videos through Hangouts. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time. Sorry if I gave you some bad info.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djboulette