Note 8 Camera fail. No help from Samsung on this matter.

koondogg

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I am trying to get my Note 8 repaired or replaced by Samsung which by the way will not cover it under warranty unless I go to Taiwan where it was made.
I have talked to customer service to no avail. I have sent an email to Samsung and got no response.
So I am going to post on forums my email to them. Hopefully someone will see and I can get some help from Samsung.
Samsung sells the phones and does not care about their customers.
Here is the email:

Hello

I have A Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone. The front facing camera has fail after 3 days of use. I have tried everything that I can do with the phone to try to get it to work properly.

I even called Samsung support and they connected to the phone with smart tutor.

They could do nothing with the phone. I was told that the phone was made in Manila Philippines and would need to deal with them. I just happen to be going to Manila for vacation.

Once in Manila I visited a service center. They told me that the phone was made in Taiwan. That I would have to deal with Taiwan to have the phone covered under warranty.

I put in a request to repair or replace my phone in Manila. They called me back and told me that I would have to pay for the repair to the phone.

I thought Samsung had a 1 year warranty for hardware failures. But I guess that is not true. I am told by Samsung to go to Taiwan for the warranty of the phone or pay for the repair.

I have been a loyal Samsung consumer since the S3 phone. I have had nothing but troubles dealing with Samsung support when ever I needed support. The last time that I dealt with customer support was with the Note 7 and that took over 3 months to be taken care of. Cause customer support kept telling me that they would call back and never will. Then I would call customer support again just for them to tell me that they would call back again. Then they would not call. So I sent emails out to different customer service centers to try to get help. After I did that then customer support started working with me.

I think that Samsung sells the products and don’t stand behind the product. I have nothing but headaches from dealing with customer support on the phone products.

Back to current phone problem.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Model SM-N950F/DS

(removed by mod)

Front facing camera does not work. Quit working after 3 days of use. I get camera failed notification when I try to use front camera. I bought the phone from amazon and had it shipped to Afghanistan. I could not set up the phone until I made it back to America

I was trying to get this repaired while in Manila. Now I will be travelling to Afghanistan to work. I will have a phone that does not work and when Samsung decides to fix or repair my phone. They will have to pay for shipping charges now to ship back and forth to my location in Afghanistan.

Would have been cheaper to repair phone in Manila.

If you sell a product worldwide then you to warranty the product worldwide.

You know I really hate Iphone but I am thinking about switching cause Samsung is chasing away customers with their warranty that they don’t stand behind.

How about you pay for shipping costs to ship the phone back and you refund my money so I can buy another phone that is not Samsung. I am very disappointed that a company will not stand behind any warranties of it’s products.

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to get my Note 8 repaired or replaced by Samsung which by the way will not cover it under warranty unless I go to Taiwan where it was made.
I have talked to customer service to no avail. I have sent an email to Samsung and got no response.
So I am going to post on forums my email to them. Hopefully someone will see and I can get some help from Samsung.
Here is the email:

Hello

I have A Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone. The front facing camera has fail after 3 days of use. I have tried everything that I can do with the phone to try to get it to work properly.

They could do nothing with the phone. I was told that the phone was made in Manila Philippines and would need to deal with them. I just happen to be going to Manila for vacation.

Once in Manila I visited a service center. They told me that the phone was made in Taiwan. That I would have to deal with Taiwan to have the phone covered under warranty.

I put in a request to repair or replace my phone in Manila. They called me back and told me that I would have to pay for the repair to the phone.

I thought Samsung had a 1 year warranty for hardware failures. But I guess that is not true. I am told by Samsung to go to Taiwan for the warranty of the phone or pay for the repair.

I have been a loyal Samsung consumer since the S3 phone. I have had nothing but troubles dealing with Samsung support when ever I needed support. The last time that I dealt with customer support was with the Note 7 and that took over 3 months to be taken care of. Cause customer support kept telling me that they would call back and never will. Then I would call customer support again just for them to tell me that they would call back again. Then they would not call. So I sent emails out to different customer service centers to try to get help. After I did that then customer support started working with me.

I think that Samsung sells the products and don’t stand behind the product. I have nothing but headaches from dealing with customer support on the phone products.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Model SM-N950F/DS

(removed by mod)

Front facing camera does not work. Quit working after 3 days of use. I get camera failed notification when I try to use front camera. I bought the phone from amazon and had it shipped to Afghanistan. I could not set up the phone until I made it back to America

I was trying to get this repaired while in Manila. Now I will be travelling to Afghanistan to work. I will have a phone that does not work and when Samsung decides to fix or repair my phone. They will have to pay for shipping charges now to ship back and forth to my location in Afghanistan.

You know I really hate Iphone but I am thinking about switching cause Samsung is chasing away customers with their warranty that they don’t stand behind.

How about you pay for shipping costs to ship the phone back and you refund my money so I can buy another phone that is not Samsung. I am very disappointed that a company will not stand behind any warranties of it’s products.

Your post has been approved but things like IMEI numbers have been removed. Please don't post those.

Thanks!

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
it's quite normal that you contact the seller/vendor for warranty issues, you can't expect to walk in to any random service center and claim a new phone or free repair.
contact the place where you bought it and if they won't sort it for you directly, they should advice you how to get free warranty done

monil

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Here is the email:

Hello

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Model SM-N950F/DS

(removed by mod)

You may also have protections from your credit card company if paid using that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201