Note8 Pie on Verizon

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting a few days to see what issues there are.
Typically I do that, but also typically I get a new phone every year, so I am in a strange place where I feel like I want something different. I downloaded the update as soon as it was available and my experience has been great thus far

chas1723

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
For the most part I am really enjoying the update. It does seems to take longer to charge since the update. It also seems like the camera is more responsive. I wish pro mode would allow the use of either camera.

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
My Note 8 upgraded to Pie last week. I'm not sure I like it.
I have a question.
My Samsung Galaxy phones have always shown that I was connected to my wifi network, on my pulldown notification bar.
I don't see that anymore.
My Note 8 recently updated to Pie 9.0 and I don't know if that is the reason.
Did anyone else notice this?
Does anyone running Android 9.0 have a notification that they are connected to their wifi, on the pulldown notification bar?
If so, I need to turn it on somehow. If not, then it's just the new 9.0 OS and I'll have to live with it.
Thanks.

Last edited:

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
That link does not work for me.
It seems the link is broken now... Sorry...

You need to install good lock from the Galaxy app store and then quick star from within good lock. Sounds complicated but it's not

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
How do I get rid of this ANNOYING 'Samsung Connect has stopped' error or something that has started since the Pie update?
I do love the update but this error is irritating and slows everything down.

FYI for others, I just uninstalled the app and it went away.

woolster22

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
This update is an embarassing example of change for th3 sake of change. Sammy/google is so worried about crApple that they copied some of the worat features and implemented them with no option to run the perfectly functional "old" version. Then they claim we were too habitualized. **** them. Thats some Hillary Clinton level blind ignorance (deplorables, anyone?).

7h3d34f0n3

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
The only thing I have noticed so far that is bugging me is when I play a game I was able to totally hide the notifications bar & the navigation bar at the bottom. I have tried messing with all the settings in the game launcher with no luck. Am I looking in the wrong place to hide these like in Oreo?

Grifter73

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
My Note 8 upgraded to Pie last week. I'm not sure I like it.
I have a question.
My Samsung Galaxy phones have always shown that I was connected to my wifi network, on my pulldown notification bar.
I don't see that anymore.
My Note 8 recently updated to Pie 9.0 and I don't know if that is the reason.
Did anyone else notice this?
Does anyone running Android 9.0 have a notification that they are connected to their wifi, on the pulldown notification bar?
If so, I need to turn it on somehow. If not, then it's just the new 9.0 OS and I'll have to live with it.
Thanks.

Same with me. I really do like to see what network I'm connected to, so I hope someone knows how to fix this.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I've got a Note 8 that updated to Pie recently also, and I do still see the information. The WiFi icon is highlighted in blue when WiFi is connected. I do have to pull down the notification screen slightly to see the name of the network. If the WiFi icon is not showing at all, pull the notifications all the way down and tap the 3-dots menu on the right to configure the order of the buttons and the size of the grid.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
What exactly is Samsung Connect for? I'm hesitant to just delete the app, in case it's necessary for some other function.

But agree with op, it's become a plague at times!!

It is Samsung's app for connecting to other IoT items like Smart TVs, smart lights, etc. It was rebranded as SmartThings. I find it useful, because I can connect my phone to my Samsung Smart TV. It allows me to share my TVs with my Note 8 and Tab S2.

If you are not using it or don't need it, you can uninstall it without any problems.