Notification bar comes down when on a call?

Potatoe123

Dec 19, 2023
Visit site
Now is 2023 and I cannot find a solution. Often when a call using Oppo A77s, my face will auto off data, off WiFi etc. Seem this issue is happening in 2020 and now it's still around. Any solution to this?

Previously I was using Realme Pro 3 and also faced this problem. I'm holding iPhone 15 and this never happen to me when using iPhones.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Now is 2023 and I cannot find a solution. Often when a call using Oppo A77s, my face will auto off data, off WiFi etc. Seem this issue is happening in 2020 and now it's still around. Any solution to this?

Previously I was using Realme Pro 3 and also faced this problem. I'm holding iPhone 15 and this never happen to me when using iPhones.
Welcome to Android Central! You posted in an old thread specifically about the Pixel 3 XL. Since you're talking about an Oppo phone, it would be best to create a new thread (in the Ask a Question or General Help forum) for your question.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums.

It sounds like it could be related to how you're holding the phone. Do you have long hair or hide your ears with your hair? This can allow your light sensor to see light when it should be seeing dark. When you're on the phone if the light sensor sees dark it keeps the screen off, this prevents accidental touches that lead to this or that being turned off or on. The most common complaint is that the call gets muted in these cases but a close second is the notification panel being opened.

Do you use speakerphone but hold the phone up to your face anyway? When you use speakerphone it changes the behavior of the phone and on some it stops looking for light/dark from light sensor to put the screen to sleep. With the screen fully awake it might see a shift of an ear on the screen as a swipe of the finger. Skin is skin to the digitizer.

Sometimes make-up can cause issues too. If the screen in front of the light sensor is dirty it can cause the light sensor to act erratically and allow touches. And along these same lines if the phone is being held too far forward or backward and the sensor is not fully covered this can happen.

Are you ever noticing the screen being "on" out of the corner of your eye or anything like that? I would assume that if you put the phone down and use the speakerphone this doesn't happen, would that be correct?

Last edited:
Reactions: B. Diddy