Notification LED

GLizzie77

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm also coming from blackberry.. had a 9000 for 2 years and a 9800 for two.. I'm sad to leave but it was the physical keyboard that really had me staying. Not looking forward to that transition, but the LED is certainly another thing you don't get well anywhere else. Will be nice if you can use it to it's full potential ala BerryBuzz or similar

GLizzie77

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I recently asked this question about no LED light and i myself come from a 9800 BLACKBERRY which i LOVED. But i was ready for a change. The fact that the LED function is not on this GALAXY phone was a major bummer for me. I found out though through this site that there's an NoLED app which i tried and it actually works well. So i hope now that i can get used to this new phone....:)

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site
This is an exciting feature (in my opinion) that a lot of blogs have seemed to gloss over. There is an RGB notification LED on the SGS3 (unlike the first and second). Supposedly a very good one. Not the biggest news in the world, but good to hear none the less.

Click to view quoted image

AnandTech - The Samsung Galaxy S III Preview

I love you for finding this. it's insane how no one is reporting it or why Samsung isn't bragging about it. This is probably the 2nd key feature that any bb user would be looking for after bbm

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The Sprint GS2 variant was the only model to get a notification light. But it is quite limited, in that it only includes two primary colors (red and blue) and is difficult if not impossible to control with LED apps like Lightflow. This notification LED looks much better and will probably meet most people's needs, particularly the Blackberry converts. Kudos to Samsung for doing it right this time and on their global GSM model.

weezul

May 5, 2012
Visit site
saw a video demoing some google play store app to do with LEDs on the S3 and it worked a treat. I am buzzing for this phone now!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte