Notifications missed mate 10 pro

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone:

I have a problem an always problem that i wish if yours might help me to fix,

i have an Mate 10 pro but the phone do not notify me at all of notifications of apps like discord, messenger,skype and etc, and even is worst some of those notifications never arrives unless i open the app formally and that is all i have gone to the battery optimization set up and nothing happens,still the same problem and i have no idea what to do, i by contrast have an LG q6 and an Microsoft Lumia 950XL and is not notification missed in those 2 phones so i wish to know how to fix those issues in my Huawei mate 10pro.

the phone runs Android 9 and emui 9.1

best regards
Francisco

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First, make sure all power-saving modes are turned off, and you don't have any 3rd party battery-saver apps installed. Second, try turning off Battery Optimization in the system settings for any or all of those apps and see if the notifications start coming through.

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
First, make sure all power-saving modes are turned off, and you don't have any 3rd party battery-saver apps installed. Second, try turning off Battery Optimization in the system settings for any or all of those apps and see if the notifications start coming through.
i have tried to turn off the battery optimization but no works at all, also do not use any extrenal software for power saver and never have ever enabled the auto power saving when battery reachs to.... , so no idea what is and i am so sick of this phone never ever could make works , and in fact will laught the old Lumia 950xl is not notification missed and not matter the time but in this "modern" huawei with "modern" Android i even lose the skype messages at daytime and always my phone is full of battery as i drive a lot througt the day always is plugged to the car USB socket to android auto. so no idea how to fic this problem of no notifications

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you say you tried to turn off Battery Optimization, do you mean that you went to that part of the system settings, selected an app, and turned off optimization there? Do those apps then get listed in that menu as Not Optimized?

Huawei and other Chinese manufacturers are notorious for this kind of annoying behavior, where the firmware is overly eager to kill apps in the background in a misguided effort to improve battery life.

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
to be truthfully i did double check and the item battery optimization the apps individually were all in allowed to be killed so all now are in not allowed but still not behaving as should, and also facebook messenger is not notifying of any message, and well i d not know i am so regretted of changed my old samsung S7 by this kind of chinesse garbage, why on the earth Google do not put serious guidelines to all manufacturers to make android experience steadfast and consistent not matter the manufacturer of the phone.

Aso what i always did was go to battery settings and in a place of automatic or secondary startup of apps and automatic or manually management of apps
also DND at daytime never gets activated aand never used it
just now i am having troubles with the facebook messenger app but no idea i have not been watching enough as for have an eye on that phone.

any help is greatly appreciated

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
why on the earth Google do not put serious guidelines to all manufacturers to make android experience steadfast and consistent not matter the manufacturer of the phone.

I think this is primarily because they wanted to allow for more versatility and variety among manufacturers, rather than locking things down like Apple. If you want something purely Google/Android, that's what Pixels are for (and to a lesser extent some of the phones with leaner skins like OnePlus).

Let me see if any of the other Ambassadors have more experience with Huawei phones.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I know Huawei phones run a aggressive battery management , one of he reasons they get great battery Ife so I would look at power save setting see if you can find something

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I think this is primarily because they wanted to allow for more versatility and variety among manufacturers, rather than locking things down like Apple. If you want something purely Google/Android, that's what Pixels are for (and to a lesser extent some of the phones with leaner skins like OnePlus).

variety or you mean mess in functions, is like absurd like every brand of car put the accelerator and the brake pedals in different positions and the clutch too and you have to learn , or need to turn on the bulb get an big manual because according the manufaturer will need to get a switch type b or c because only manufacturer wanted your home more variety i think is absurd your reply back, in countries like where i live no idea why on the hell google do not sell their pixels formally here

Let me see if any of the other Ambassadors have more experience with Huawei phones.

i have put almost or all processes in background in not allowed and now battery last 6 hours so is ok i prefer carry an charger with me than have a dictator inside my phone deciding what notifications should i get and which ones should not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I know Huawei phones run a aggressive battery management , one of he reasons they get great battery Ife so I would look at power save setting see if you can find something

their ads popular known AI battery managent which do not cause any fun, my people and friends do not decide what schedule send me a message as for my phone rule my social digital life

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I understand, we going try see if we can help.
Now did this just recently started or you had this problem for awhile ? Is the phone pretty much stock ? How is other apps like texts ,Gmail notification? Does this happen mainly a home or doesn't matter?

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
no from always has happened this since i purchase it the past year and ran the first version of EMUI , text messages also not get any notification at all g mail just if open the app and keep opened, and happens not matter if am at wifi or cell phone connection 4G+ but now took special relevance since my phone is my work tool also as am freelancer and my customers been complaining because do not reply back their messages obvious if my phone never notify me anything unless be around 11 PM and no i do not use the DND mode or keep in silence the phone at all

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
no from always has happened this since i purchase it the past year and ran the first version of EMUI , text messages also not get any notification at all g mail just if open the app and keep opened, and happens not matter if am at wifi or cell phone connection 4G+ but now took special relevance since my phone is my work tool also as am freelancer and my customers been complaining because do not reply back their messages obvious if my phone never notify me anything unless be around 11 PM and no i do not use the DND mode or keep in silence the phone at all
Ok try this , found a article online , see if it helps .

Screenshot_20191218-002711.jpeg

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
In app launch , under Battery settings set those apps with following options. Make sure they are all set to "manage manually" and that the 3 sub contents in each box is ON. Attached pic , in my example it's Accubattery Pro and GSAM.

Also check under Apps, then battery optimization, pic also attached. Make sure those apps are set to not allowed. Then reboot and clear cache.

If all that still doesn't work, you will have to follow the attached link , reference Powergenie. I have power genie still running on mine as I don't have notification issues .

https://dontkillmyapp.com/huawei
Screenshot_20191218_003438_com.huawei.systemmanager.jpgScreenshot_20191218_003719_com.android.settings.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In app launch , under Battery settings set those apps with following options. Make sure they are all set to "manage manually" and that the 3 sub contents in each box is ON. Attached pic , in my example it's Accubattery Pro and GSAM.

Also check under Apps, then battery optimization, pic also attached. Make sure those apps are set to not allowed. Then reboot and clear cache.

If all that still doesn't work, you will have to follow the attached link , reference Powergenie. I have power genie still running on mine as I don't have notification issues .

https://dontkillmyapp.com/huawei
View attachment 314387View attachment 314388
I forget you have Huawei, would of tagged you . Future wise I will , if you don't mind

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana