Notifications not vibrating anymore

Bruinfanjb

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have searched through existing threads and cannot find an answer to my problem, although I have tried several of the solutions listed.

My phone stopped vibrating yesterday when I receive an email (gmail app). The phone is set to vibrate. I have tried a factory reset. I have tried downloading Sound Manager and also Audio Manager and made sure that both programs had vibrate checked.

I cannot find any settings that will change this and it's very frustrating.

Does anyone out there know of a fix for this?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
sometimes taking the battery out for a few seconds might help. have you tried that? and if all else fails, take it into a verizon store and have a tech check it out. Might very well be defective and they will order you a replacement phone.

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Download an app called 'Sound Manager' in the market (the icon for it looks like a music switch board with sliders on it).

Once downloaded go into the app, press menu, then Vibrate Settings, then make sure the Notification Settings are put on 'Vibrate Whenever Possible'

Worked for me!

Bruinfanjb

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I actually found the fix I needed. In the gmail account, under settings, there is a setting for vibrate. Strange that I didn't find it earlier because I thought I had looked everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter