Nov 8 2010 maintenance update

PamelaBB

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to downgrade from this update? I have the 2.2firmware file but when I go into hboot and try to run it is says that i have a newer version on the phone and won't allow me to upgrade. On a side note i tried to install clockwork but hboot just checks and goes back to the menu, not a thing. Another reason I want to try to go to the original 2.2firmware. thanks.

riot1002#AC

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
i am a newbie so bare with me..i have not had the update come to my phone yet.when this comes can i just ignore it.i do not wanna upgrade? i have an update when i plug my phone in to my PC but i just ignore that..i do not want this up grade..what can i do.help please....i am asking now so i can be prepared when it comes..thanks guys

TimeHunter

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I never had any issues with the tag info before the update, but it seems fine now as well.

The issue with tags seems to be mostly with WMA and AAC files, not reading artist and disk/track info from the tags. Worked in Donut, but tanked in Froyo.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
What is the kernel version for the update? I did it but other than VCast apps and Slacker I don't see any improvements. My battery still takes forever to charge.

jdkoreclipse

Banned
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Has HTC even acknowledged this problem? Fix that one glaring issue would make so many people happy.
The new kernel MAY help...but i use Ziggy or king kernels mostly,so im not sure, but i have noticed better charge time and batt life with the new kernel when i used it

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

kevinb120

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I got mine and I noticed it duplicated every icon and widget on every home screen, had to drag/delete one of each. I didn't notice it until the battery widget had two 'needles'. Thought it was a bit laggy :p

Hopefully this fixes the issue with Ford Sync where the music player starts up every time you break the bluetooth connection with the car. I'd have to manually stop it EVERY time I get in or out.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it is just mine, but since the update I tried the VCast App app and it does not work...either errors out or just sets there forever "loading"... both on 3G and wifi.

Aatrek

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Just because I'm not sure... I have a rooted DINC still running the original Sense that came on the phone (I used UNREVOKED3 originally). If I install the update, I know that I'll lose root, but can I run UNREVOKED3 again to get root back?

Last edited:

BTSee

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it is just mine, but since the update I tried the VCast App app and it does not work...either errors out or just sets there forever "loading"... both on 3G and wifi.

I can't get Vcast Apps to work either, so you are not alone. Came here to see if there was any info, but your post is all I've seen so far.

s_franchise

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
So i've had the update for about a day now, and i have noticed a significant increase in charging time/battery usage for me. i usually work 4-5 hour shifts, and i would lose 40-50% battery life, now i leave work in the 80's its really nice.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the update notification but I'm rooted and don't plan on updating till I get the all clear. Says it installs slacker radio, vcast apps, and a host of other improvements. Sounds like more bloatware than anything. 18 mb in size

No doubt... I am hoping for some real improvements in problems like caller ID not working after FROYO.

azari

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Just installed Virtuous ROM, which takes care of the annoying reminder...

Sent from my DROID Incredible using Tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wisak2556