Nova Launcher causing Black bar background behind navigation bar????

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone out there using Nova Launcher on S8 experiencing a black background at the bottom behind the navigation bar? I have Nova set as a full screen app in settings and I have dock background off. If I turn Nova off as a full screen app in settings then it shows up like second picture where bottom is a different color and the top has this black bar almost like the wallpaper doesn't fit. Its very weird, i have tried selecting wallpapers from either main settings or nova settings and still get same. I would think the nav bar should be same as whole screen just like it does in samsung launcher. I have seen some people post Nova screenshots and it is, so what are you doing? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Screenshot_20170511-150440.jpgScreenshot_20170511-150647.jpg

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
In the phone Settings, Display, Navigation Bar, there is a option for "Apply Current Theme".
If on, it will be the theme.
If off, it will give the option for the Background Color.

How is that set?

Mav. :cool:

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
So I do not see that setting in mine under Navigation bar. I am on Verizon S8, all i have is at top background color and i have it set to the first circle, then buttons and home button sensitivity. Maybe verizon is blocking this setting and causing me this problem?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
How odd.
All US Carrier versions are the same.
Here is a screenshot:
0294301d3a8f64e39709c137ac9275d7.jpg

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the latest version of Nova? It included the ability to incorporate Samsung themes and some S8 fixes. I think you're on an old version.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you got Nova Launcher settings set to have transparent bar? I always have Nova Launcher settings set to transparent notification bar and it works fine. This setting is under "look and feel"

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
That appears to have worked for me. I am running the Samsung Material Dark theme but my email boxes are not dark.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I hear people say that Nova is compatible with Samsung themes now. How exactly?

Some Themes have more access than others. Nova "respects the system level themes" that can do more things than other ones.
I believe that is why my picture above has that option.
That particular theme has the option to use the Navigation Bar background as part of its' set-up.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Some Themes have more access than others. Nova "respects the system level themes" that can do more things than other ones.
I believe that is why my picture above has that option.
That particular theme has the option to use the Navigation Bar background as part of its' set-up.

I guess I'm somewhat out of luck then since that option is not available for me.

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Have you got Nova Launcher settings set to have transparent bar? I always have Nova Launcher settings set to transparent notification bar and it works fine. This setting is under "look and feel"

OH MY GOD thank you so much!!!! That did the trick, I turned the notification bar to transparent and it fixed the bottom navigation bar and took the black background away!! Who would have known the notification bar was tied to the new navigation bar at bottom. I am going to have to let the Nova developer know about this, but thanks again for this suggestion, really appreciate it!!!!!!

sinfoman

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I'll chime in- all of sudden today my dock background stopped being transparent. Any thoughts? I have tweaked every dock setting and turned transparency on/off. Ieven for giggles tried to change it to the exact same pic as the dock background. All I get is black. Anyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo