Odd scrolling behavior when charging?

enormous

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
When my phone is unplugged, it runs great, everything is smooth. When it is plugged in and charging, I'm noticing some "odd" behavior when I try to scroll. Sometimes it takes a couple of swipes to register an action, other times the scrolling is inconsistent: it moves down, then up a little, then down again (if I'm trying to scroll down). Sort of like there's some "resistance" to my scroll.

Anyone else notice something similar?

Bastage20

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I am having the exact same thing happen to me, I tried to enter my unlock pattern when it was charging and it seemed to not follow my finger at all but went to random points on the umlock grid. I tried to unlock it maybe 10 sec later while it was still charging and it was fine.

Bastage20

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Another power outlet? Yes I did try that and had the same effect. Is the cause of this known? I used to use my Droid Incredible when I had it plugged in and never had this issue.

Thanks for the help

h4ldol

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
This issue happens to my Evo 4G. A bit annoying, but only when it's plugged in. I never figured out what the cause is, but it seemed to be related to the use of 3rd party chargers/cables (which is probably not the case with the OP).

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
It depends on how hot the phone gets. When it's charging, the phone can get hot and the touch receptors (which are heat sensitive) can't really tell where the touch is on the screen.

Bastage20

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
That is odd, its not a huge issue for me I still love the phone I just hate not knowing what is causing odd behavior in new gadgets.

Thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nictu