[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

rmreagle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
try placing the above in your /system/app folder using root explorer(or somthing similar) and rebooting your phone

no dice... placed it in the app folder, rebooted... nothing.

Allowed non-market apps, installed the apk through root explorer... nothing.

Tried to restart phone after to see if that would sync... nothing.

I like the ROM so far, but calendar is an essential function i need. Barely had a chance to explore the rest of the features yet.

I'm really hoping this can help sell me on the phone cause i'm thinking about taking it back... battery/cpu/gpu/ram are all negatives... Would have love to have gotten a low voltage OC kernel before my 14 days are up (this saturday...) Meanwhile I'm happy to test away :) :)

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
[NOTE]
So feedback everyone, how do you think its going , are we going in the right direction? or do you guys find yourselves reverting back to stock ? i feel like its crickets out there, Should i quit while im ahead?​
[/NOTE]

Everything is going well. Just need the VVM then I'm set and ready for clean up. Please keep this up. Can you get rid of more of the Charge color?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
After flashing the ROM the Market appears to start downloading an app then it just blips away and is not installed.

Known Bug?

Standard email (not just Gmail) seems to be missing as well. Maybe I'm just missing a few marbles??

Thanks for the hard work BTW!!

Use K9 mail. In the market. It's great

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Everything is going well. Just need the VVM then I'm set and ready for clean up. Please keep this up. Can you get rid of more of the Charge color?

ill keep working on vvm either me or imnuts will get it working

I like the ROM so far, but calendar is an essential function i need. Barely had a chance to explore the rest of the features yet.

I'm really hoping this can help sell me on the phone cause i'm thinking about taking it back... battery/cpu/gpu/ram are all negatives... Would have love to have gotten a low voltage OC kernel before my 14 days are up (this saturday...) Meanwhile I'm happy to test away :) :)

oh also go to the original post of this thread and grab the CalendarProvider.apk see if that gets your calendar syncing again

Reactions: SirLance99

rmreagle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
ill keep working on vvm either me or imnuts will get it working

oh also go to the original post of this thread and grab the CalendarProvider.apk see if that gets your calendar syncing again

Dropped it into sys/app and tried to install it and it wouldn't go. Reinstalled the google calendar sync and tried again... Did a restart in between each attempt too and still can't get it working...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Dropped it into sys/app and tried to install it and it wouldn't go. Reinstalled the google calendar sync and tried again... Did a restart in between each attempt too and still can't get it working...

are you in a rush for it?

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey man I like the way it's going, I just got in from one hell of a day at work...I am going to add the calendar sync file now, just downloaded it, will let you know how it goes.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Not too bad... might end up going back to my D1 friday

Go for it, if you are not happy i say do it. just like i would never go to a TB we are all entitled to our opinions but if you need convincing to stay then your mind is pretty much already made up.

In the mean time ill work on getting VVM and calendar working but im working tonight so i cant focus on it , hopefully imnuts has time to investigate it

asenduk

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
[NOTE]
So feedback everyone, how do you think its going , are we going in the right direction? or do you guys find yourselves reverting back to stock ? i feel like its crickets out there, Should i quit while im ahead?​
[/NOTE]

Loving the ROM! Everything is going great so far after a full day. My only wish list is music control on lock screen and dsp eq :)

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

I just downloaded the apk and did a install straight from that. It worked great. Although I do have a third party calender installed. Plus with Launcher Pro Plus the widget works as well.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Loving the ROM! Everything is going great so far after a full day. My only wish list is music control on lock screen and dsp eq :)
find me one that is free and open source and ill see what i can do

u forgottttttt to make the notification bar transparent

but i already told you that :)

yeah thanks for pointing out the elephant ,,,i was hoping i could slide on that mistake till i got the next build up....guess not lol

So how much internal storage are you seeing with Odin? I am still trying to decide which 4G LTE phone to get.

i dont know what you mean by that, Odin is a tool that flashes firmware , if are talking internal storage after you install the rom, 1.15gigs i have no idea how someone fills that much with apps, it boggles my mind.

ColSaulTigh

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Registered here specifically to say "THANK YOU"!!!

The hard work y'all do is simply amazing! Brings me back to my "Blue Box" days....

I'm having the same problem as others regarding the Calendar app...it's something I do use, and I'd like to be able to have that one back.

I've done the /system/app thing, and rebooted several times, also done a factory wipe and reinstalled my google acct, and still no calendar.

I'll try a direct install - any other help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!

Reactions: DroidXcon

ColSaulTigh

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded the apk and did a install straight from that. It worked great. Although I do have a third party calender installed. Plus with Launcher Pro Plus the widget works as well.

Can you explain exactly how you got the calendar working?

I can't get it working for the life of me.

Thanks!