Offering Unlimited data for Verizon Wireless???

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
question. in the L.A area there is an ad for someone that claims he is Offering Unlimited data for Verizon Wireless.
the ad says: "We are a private company that still sales unlimited data for either your smartphones or broadband devices for 3g and 4g LTE for Verizon wireless. If your a new customer and angry about not able to get unlimited data well we have good news for you we can still add it into your single, family, and business plans."

did anyone use this service/ do you think its legit?

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
As a private company, I think (in my opinion only) there are 2 possibilities. Either it's a scam. Or, potentially, they are a customer that buys a ton of plans and then sells one to you under their name - Meaning, the account already exists, they sell you the phone, activate to that phone to the existing account, then they pay for that account and charge you for that service.

Here's my thoughts on it. If it's a service that is paying verizon and then subletting to you (that's basically what it is) then you need to figure out if that is something Verizon is going to be upset about and terminate them one day. You also need to be sure that you aren't way over paying for the service that is basically being passed through to you. They are obviously selling a group discounted account to you they are paying a lower price than charging you, but that's the definition of profit, so don't consider that shady or illegal. They could be over charging you to take advantage of you, and if you go into it with a contract, then they have you.

SO - end wrap up is, whatever you do, make sure you figure out how they are getting that service. Then find out if that is against some sort of Verizon policy (don't take that company's word for it). Then be sure you're getting a fair deal.

TauntingBull

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
question. in the L.A area there is an ad for someone that claims he is Offering Unlimited data for Verizon Wireless.
the ad says: "We are a private company that still sales unlimited data for either your smartphones or broadband devices for 3g and 4g LTE for Verizon wireless. If your a new customer and angry about not able to get unlimited data well we have good news for you we can still add it into your single, family, and business plans."

Smells like a scam...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know the specifics of the deal, but afaik, the only way to get unlimited data would be through assumption of liability. This is essentially taking over someone else's account. It might be this because it says new customer.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Is that a copy and paste of the ad? If so, there is a grammatical error at" If your a new customer" . If it's cut and paste then I'm cynical for that reason alone. If you retyped what they wrote then disregard this comment.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't trust it. I've never heard of VZ selling wireless bandwidth via 3rd party vendors. Not saying it's not true but not something I've ever heard of.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
call and ask for their physical address, then check it against Verizon authorized retailer list on their website. The number is a cell phone which is questionable. Do not give any information over the phone, and go to the authorized retailer store only, not some unauthorized store. Or someone's house.

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
It is total BS. Don't be stupid. if it sounds to good to be true, then it usually is. I feel like i am telling this to my kid. Seriously Man this is a BIG SCAM! Get Real!:)

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Scam alert, IMO.

Verizon does not allow any "new" unlimited data plans. Even if they bought a bunch of plans before Verizon killed unlimited, Verizon wont allow the transfer.

Last possibility, if they act as the middleman, I wouldn't do it. Verizon won't help you if you run into network or phone problems. Plus, can you even trust this company with your card info when its tine to pay? Even if i would give my unlimited account to someone else, Verizon makes the new owner of the plan pick tiered data.

Also, seeing as how they can add it to your account. That means you have to give them all your account info. Nothing good can come from that.

As of now if you truly need unlimited, Sprint and Tmobile are the only way to go. That's just my thoughts.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Sales? Or sells?

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Did I miss something or did this actually come from Craig's List? Wow, that's a big time scary moment there.

They even took the add off the site already. WE WON EVERYBODY!!! yAAAAAAAHHHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayleepalmer90