Official 4.0.4 release date and questions

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I guess if there are no known issues then there would be no need for an update (which yes tensions to be seen) However, if we do get an update and they list what they've corrected, then it'll verify which issues Google had their sights on, making them known in retrospect.

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I actually flash roms and custom kernels ect... for the purpose of getting my phone stable and better than when i got it. It's not just about flashing rom after rom I really don't do that. I know some people do but I'm thinking they're young very young. I would hate sittin around waitin for updates as well that sucks. I rather have the update on when is ready. not when verizon says it's ready! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

boe

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I have a bit of a newbie question here as I just got the phone, but what is the most important feature of 4.04 that you believe will be included?

(I don't know if these are included in 4.04 but)
Better signal
louder volume
better battery life

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
We don't know if 4.0.4 is coming out, And someone would be lying if they told you they knew the features that might be included.
:)

zulu308

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
where are those people on the 'inside' that were all over this forum when this phone was announced? did they all get fired or jailed or fingers are broken by vzw? I'm sure they know something.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
where are those people on the 'inside' that were all over this forum when this phone was announced? did they all get fired or jailed or fingers are broken by vzw? I'm sure they know something.

Either that or they didn't know jack .

cbbartley

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
"I think the "known issues" are a bit on the the hyperbole side."

what is the point of replies like this? it doesn't help the topic at all. if more than one of these phones has the same issue then its an issue that needs to be addressed.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Busy at work?
I know that Big Red doesn't allow certain divisions know what others are doing to prevent leaks.
Verizon doesn't leak info. The manufacturer's of the device typically are the culprits.

winste

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm on 4.0.4 with 4.0.3 radios. That seems to work best for me, much better than all 4.0.2 or 4.0.4. I'm also using the latest stable Franco kernel.

I've never rooted or flashed in my life. Its really so easy with wugs toolkit and the Franco kernel updater. I love the fact I can mix and match different parts of the software and os.

Well not perfect I don't think I would do anything differently. When I first sat down to root and flash, I set aside two hours. Took all of 20 minutes to root and flash. Next night I decided to try different radios. 5 minutes.

The amount of developer support allows me to tinker and find the right fit for me. If I had a razr, the options would be so limited.

Reactions: axne1

hacks

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading about all the update rumors for a long while now. Not sure if I missed anyone asking about getting an ota or even pushing 4.04 and using a custom rom. I guess what I'm asking is if I push the 4.04 update will I still be able to use the code name 150 rom? I know the rom says its for 4.03. I have voodoo root keeper to back up my root. If the update comes and I temporarily un root to receive it. When I reroot will I still have the same rom and my phone still be set up the same way? I've flashed my share of rooms and kernels. So far my phone has run best with cn150 with stock kernel. Very few minor issues that I can live with if an update never comes. Would hate to lose the bacon just to have 4.04. Ya hear

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
+1 for using your brain instead of whining about stuff you can't control. Take back the power people and root your device unlock it flash and be happy it's too easy not to. But hey some people love to complain. that's just the fact! :banghead:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhesslim0130