Official Android 12

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Let's talk about Android 12 One UI 4.0. When do you think it will get released? There are rumors that it will happen in 2021. How many betas did Samsung have for Android 11 last year? Maybe that's an indication as to how long we'll have to wait. I have also heard that Beta 3 could come out this week. It's already Wednesday so who knows.

Obviously Beta 2 has some bugs and it isn't ready to be an official stable build. Which is one reason why I'm holding off on sideloading the Beta on my Verizon S21 Ultra. Another is whether I will lose 5g or some other feature by flashing the U1 ROM coming from a U. But that's another topic for another thread.

Let's discuss rumors and predictions about when we could see Android 12 on our phones.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the beta for s21. I feel like last year the beta updates were more frequent. This year they have been staggered.
My opinion is the official version will not be ready till next year.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm probably going to wait for the official release because I don't want to deal with the hassle of flashing the U1 ROM and factory resetting my phone. I also appreciate a stable working phone.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the beta this year (first time) and have had no practical problems. It's not been a bad experience, though, I'm not sure I'll participate in the future. From my perspective, cosmetic changes to the UI don't really matter. However, the bride is looking forward to the different color palettes.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I would have no idea about a Samsung release for Android 12; however, as someone running the final version on the Pixel 4XL, it is a big change to the OS and today, with the Nov. Security update there were quite a few OS bug fixes. So, it will take time. But better to be late than buggy.

(As someone looking to possibly jump to a S21 (or maybe S22) I am curious to see what Samsung does with Android 12.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174