[Official] April 22, $199, preorder now

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Jessica: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?
You: hi Jessica how are you today
Jessica: Hello! I am doing good thank you for asking. And yourself?
You: doing fine, I was looking at getting the galaxy nexus on sunday or maybe pre-order it
Jessica: That is fantastic!
Jessica: I would be more then happy to go over the ordering and pre-ordering details with you.
Jessica: Let's move this chat and make it a window of its own. That way, you'll still see this web page while we chat. Please click 'Yes' to move it now.
Jessica: Thank you for moving the chat.
You: no worries :D
Jessica: Google would have a lot to offer you with the Galaxy Nexus! The new Galaxy Nexus will offer you the new Android operating system Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.
Jessica: When you pre-order your device we will begin shipping out pre-orders on Thursday April 19th.
You: Can you tell me how long it will take to ship to me?
Jessica: You should receive your order within 2-5 business days from the time it is shipped to you.
You: I want to pre order but is it better to pick it up at a store?
Jessica: We may not guarantee in store availability. The best option to insure your device would be to pre-order the phone.
You: I see, so demand might be high and stores are not getting a bunch of them?
Jessica: With the expected demand we may not guarantee that all stores will have the device available.
Jessica: When you pre-order your device we can guarantee that a Galaxy Nexus will be shipped to you.
You: hmmm...can I pre-order for pick up at a store?
Jessica: At this time we would not offer the in store pick up option for the pre-order event. I understand why you would want to go to a store. Why don?t I save you the time of going to a store and we can do this now?
You: hmm...I have to talk to the wife first lol, just getting the specifics
Jessica: I can understand that, but please keep in mind that our prices and promotions are subject to change. By making a purchase, online today, you will be able to take advantage of these great offers for eligible upgrades. You won't be charged for shipping.

This is an online chat I had earlier, just posting for others. Not sure all of this is true...any one hear any different about the in store pick up?

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I was told that they may not get any at my store since they haven't received the demo unit. He said he can order me one, but heck I can do that myself. If I have to wait longer than Sunday I'm going to be super pissed!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
As much as I want this phone I don't have LTE in my area. Currently get 4G via Wimax on my og EVO. Looks like I'm stuck with the EVO for a while.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I currently have this problem myself. I don't have Wimax where i live but i can get it where i work and spend most of my time at. However, I want to stay with Sprint after my contract ends up in late aug. but i can get my upgrade on June 1st i believe and I always wanted to have a Nexus. I'm still mad when Sprint cancelled the Nexus One, I was looking so forward to it. Anyways, as much as i want to wait for the next nexus to come out, I'm sure Sprint will not get it right away. I don't want to spend 700-800 dollars to import the phone. but i dont mind getting the gnex. i just want stock android. i have it on my motorola xoom and i love it!!

Epic4G80

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my phone the minute the announcement was made. Can't wait! My question is in regard to this 50.00. I use google wallet all the time mainly as a media purchase outlet, so I won't need to activate it. Do I still get the credit or is is based on the app itslef?

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
So do people think majority of us will get it Friday or Saturday?

Obviously I'm hoping for Friday. I'm off that day and it's payday... Plus the wife works. So I'll have some to play with my toy :):):)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Berserk

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm fine with Friday or Saturday. Well Friday hopefully but I'd be happy either day as long as its before Sunday. Sunday there are no deliveries and I'm gone all day Monday.

gunderson

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy Pre-orders started this morning (4/18) IN STORE for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. Does not look like online for best buy has started yet.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy Pre-orders started this morning (4/18) IN STORE for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. Does not look like online for best buy has started yet.

my local BB knew nothing about pre-orders. they don't expect huge lines and crazy initial demand at launch - but they do expect it to sell well. they said that the OG EVO launch was by far their biggest phone launch ever - even more than any iPhone - which kind of surprised me.

gunderson

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
my local BB knew nothing about pre-orders. they don't expect huge lines and crazy initial demand at launch - but they do expect it to sell well. they said that the OG EVO launch was by far their biggest phone launch ever - even more than any iPhone - which kind of surprised me.

Haha, I'm not surprised no one knew about it, corporate didn't announce it in employee news like they normally do for pre orders. If you decide you want to pre order the GNEX, tell your Best Buy Mobile representative to check their pre-order system, its listed and active in there.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Haha, I'm not surprised no one knew about it, corporate didn't announce it in employee news like they normally do for pre orders. If you decide you want to pre order the GNEX, tell your Best Buy Mobile representative to check their pre-order system, its listed and active in there.

Damn good information. I will stop by my BB location tomorrow.
Thanks. :)

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future on my Android Optimus S

JStyles1

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Forgive me if any of this has been posted previously, but I just got through chatting with a Sprint rep (through the online chat) while checking my order status.

1. Phones will only be delivered Monday-Friday (no Saturday delivery if it doesn't come Friday :( )
2. Phones will be shipped in the order the orders were placed. (Hopefully this means mine will be here Friday since I know I was one of the earliest)
3. The datastorm contest winners have already been notified (If you haven't heard from them, quit waiting and order your GNEX! :p )

Disclaimer: This is what I was told by a SPRINT rep, so if any of this proves to be incorrect DO NOT FLAME me. I just figured I would pass it along since most would like to hear it.

Hopefully EVERYONE gets there phones this Friday. Otherwise, what's the point of pre-ordering (unless they sell out of all current inventory).

Lastly, since I'm in the Atlanta market, I'll check back in to let you guys know how the LTE connectivity is so far :cool:

gunderson

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Damn good information. I will stop by my BB location tomorrow.
Thanks. :)

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future on my Android Optimus S

Glad to help. If you want to get really fancy, ask the rep to "please look up the Sprint Galaxy Nexus in the BEAST(it's an acronym) pre-order section". That will get their attention(and they will probably say; "Wow, did you used to work at Best Buy?" and you can say, "No, I frequent the AC forums!" Haha!)