Official/Unofficial 2.3.4 Gingerbread RUU Leaked

jstewart0131

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Official RUU Gingerbread Leak

Seems like some have had issues loosing root when trying to use the rooted version of this leak. I think I'll wait till we see a couple of full blown custom roms before I take the leap. Then again, the little devil on my right shoulder may talk me into it by lunchtime.

ewvarn

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm new to the rooting scene, but am wondering if it's possible to downgrade back to stock, unrooted Froyo if necessary. Can anyone advise on this?

Thanks!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm new to the rooting scene, but am wondering if it's possible to downgrade back to stock, unrooted Froyo if necessary. Can anyone advise on this?

Thanks!
Yes, it's possible. Just flash the Orig RUU (it's out there, don't have a link right now). It will wipe your phone when you do it, of course.

If you root, just remember that you are not only rooting, but you are also "buying into" the whole "rooted environment". Which means that you will no longer be able to receive any official OTA updates, etc. All of your changes/updates will have to come from the dev/rooters community. Not necessarily a bad thing, just something to be aware of.

In order to get back on the unrooted "side of the fence" you'll need to flash the original factory RUU back (also available from the devs/rooters community as mentioned above). Wiping your phone in the process.

-Frank

Reactions: ewvarn

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site

I backed up via CWR the CM7 I have been loving and also did a My Backup backup as well.

So far, no brick :)

But battery was low and not having 3g/4g at the moment limits some of what I can do.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site

There are root issues w/ this release seemingly...

Asks for su-2.3.1-bin-signed to be installed.

Ok, this sux. No more hboot and no root (broken).

Found hboot (battery pull) and flashed the kernel fix - still no root.

It's getting wiped away....

Last edited:

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

You best advice is to hold off on this until the devs cook up a new release of your favorite ROM based upon this base :)

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Yah, from what I'm reading, this is NOT the final "official" RUU that will be the same version as the "official" Verizon OTA. So, no go for me. :)

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
It is the base chingy has had for a month. No waiting involved. Gingeritis ftw.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

seamus.zolly

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

No root, and working great. 4g seems to be working fine (SLC).

Question: when I go to my Market account, not all of the apps I had are showing up... is it just me?

dhedrick

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site

will this wipe my sd card as well, or just the phone?
since this isn't a rooted version, will I still be able to receive OTA when it's released?
Thanks!

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

will this wipe my sd card as well, or just the phone?
since this isn't a rooted version, will I still be able to receive OTA when it's released?
Thanks!

Just the phone, but it's always a good idea to back up important stuff on your SD card anyway just in case. An RUU is a Rom Update Utility that basically wipes the phone's current operating system and replaces it with the new Rom. Everything on the SD card should be good, but any installed apps and all your settings will be wiped, so you'll have to setup the phone again from scratch. And no, you will most likely NOT get the OTA release because this leak is NOT the final "Official" RUU from Verizon/HTC.

wxruss

Jun 7, 2011
www.weatherlink.com

Here's a link to dl from my dropbox http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38384363/PG05IMG.zip

For the Full Untouched RUU:

1. Download and rename to PG05IMG.zip
2. Place on the root of your SD card
3. Reboot into hboot (White turned off hold power + volume down)
4. When asked if you want to update hit volume up

For all the naysayers, I installed it, non rooted with ease. It will factory reset your phone. Backup your SD card. I am using ADW EX, and everything is faster and everything still works ( wifi, 3g data, GPS,camera is just as good as the froyo version, etc)

I did have to reinstall my apps and used mybackup pro to restore contacts, settings, etc.

Final Verdict: Awesome update and I'm glad I did it. I've never rooted before, so this was extra cool for me being a non root process.

jd07bos

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

I have been waiting for GB for so long, can anyone confirm that if I do this update I will get front facing camera support on GTalk and Skype??

ksheth2130

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Downloading now, for those of you who have been using it for a few hours now, how does battery life seem? Better, worse, same?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk