Ok so...when will it be available in Sprint etc. retail stores?

Razgriz24

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Ok so...when will it be available in Sprint etc. retail store

The way people have been acting and blaming Sprint has been really 'bush league', imho. Ever think they are playing it smart and not releasing something until they are 100% sure of it? Of course not. They're out to get you!

dakidd

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
All is well for me and my pre order....phone is in NY and will be at my office tmrw am woooooooo

Sent from HTC Evo 4g soon to be HTC Evo LTE :)

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

not that it would make a difference to their bottom line, but if this phone isnt available at my local Sprint corporate store by Friday morning, they wont be getting my $550. I have a list of $h!t I want for my Mustang........the way Sprint and HTC handled this phone was pure Bush League smh

Funny, I'm saying the same thing. I could use the $200 for track prep stuff or to put towards my '13 rear swap, but I want the phone first!

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I hope the national release date is the 25th. I just called Sprint Account Services and was able to buy out my upgrade for $145 and moving up my upgrade date from Oct 2013 to now. It should be effective in 24 hours, so if I'm lucky I can pickup an EVO LTE from my local Sprint store on Friday (fingers crossed!)

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

It's rather funny (and weird) how upset people have gotten with HTC and Sprint for the delayed availability of the EVO 4G LTE. But it's also pretty sad. They're blaming the whole customs delay on the wrong people. The phone was just cleared a couple of days ago! It could have been months longer had HTC not already applied a work-around for the basis of Apple's legal action. But they did. And after inspections that verified the work-around, the phones were released. So why is everyone pissed at Sprint for not shipping an item they didn't have and didn't know when they would have it? Now they're pissed because Sprint hasn't set an "official" public release date! WTF people! Are you such whiny little children that you stamp your feet and jump up and down when you don't get your way immediately? Grow up and let the wheels turn. You'll get your phones (many of them will be in your hot little hands today) ASAP. Do any of you really believe HTC and Sprint don't want to make profits and they're deliberately holding off on delivering these phones? Grow up! It's not like they're AT&T, you know. :p

Last edited:

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

there wasn't much that sprint could do because there was a legal issue which had US Customs delaying their entry in the the 'states.

HTC handsets slowly pass US Customs despite ITC ban | Electronista

Some HTC handsets, potentially including the One X and Evo 4G LTE, are slowly making their way through US Customs, the company reports. A recent update on the HTC corporate website notes that some handsets are passing Customs inspections, despite an International Trade Commission (ITC) ban on the devices entering the US.

The update, appearing yesterday and suggesting potential further updates, states that "each imported HTC model must be reviewed by Customs" and would be released after completion of the inspection. Although the update mentions the release of "some" models to carriers, it does not mention which handsets and how many.

The ITC placed import restrictions on the One X and Evo 4G LTE after courts determined that HTC violated several Apple patents related to messaging and browser apps, and came into force on April 19 following the verdict in December.

Read more: HTC handsets slowly pass US Customs despite ITC ban | Electronista

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

it's rather funny (and weird) how upset people have gotten with htc and sprint for the delayed availability of the evo 4g lte. But it's also pretty sad. They're blaming the whole customs delay on the wrong people. The phone was just cleared a couple of days ago! It could have been months longer had htc not already applied a work-around for the basis of apple's legal action. But they did. And after inspections that verified the work-around, the phones were released. So why is everyone pissed at sprint for not shipping an item they didn't have and didn't know when they would have it? Now they're pissed because sprint hasn't set an "official" public release date! Wtf people! Are you such whiny little children that you stamp your feet and jump up and down when you don't get your way immediately? Grow up and let the wheels turn. You'll get your phones (many of them will be in your hot little hands today) asap. Do any of you really believe htc and sprint don't want to make profits and they're deliberately holding off on delivering these phones? Grow up! It's not like they're at&t, you know. :p

+1,000,000,000,000,000

Reactions: Ntchwaidumela

darwaypen

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Just called my local corporate store where i have an LTE "reserved" still no word on when they will have them on the shelves.....

PepperMan98

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Just got the call from Best Buy...headed there to get it NOW! WOOHOO!!!:D:D:D

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I have 2 reserved at my local store. They say they are not in & don't know when they will be. One rep. stated they are held up in Customs. I told her no they had been cleared & preorders had shipped. Still she said no. Finally the Mgr. assisted & said he had two for me but did not have them in. Maybe tomorrow he said.

kidstechno

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

Called my local store, said "Sprint has not given us a release date yet". Sidestepped my question of "Do you have any Evo 4G LTEs in stock?"

My 2 year isn't up until June 1st anyways, but I like to know I have the option of picking it up:cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyblack