On my Google calendar why am I not able to create repeating events?

jr2002

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
google calendar repeating events can't be created

UPDATE 2: 20150130
I've tried all the options below -- I do know how to create repeating events. I have same results as before with one update. The repeating events that I created the first week of January for January 17th finally showed up, but i have the same problem as before if i try creating a new repeating event for now or the future -- disappears when the repeating option is set. It shows up if there is no recurrence noted, but the minute you create a repeating event or edit an existing event to be repeating, it disappears -- may to show up some time later -- who knows. Enough people below have had the same symptoms that tells me that it's just not me but something weird going on somewhere -- maybe in the synch or some internal filter -- but can't seem to nail it down.
I just created another repeating event and it doesn't show up on my phone, but if i go to my wife's phone which is synched to the shared google calendar i'm creating the event im, i can see it on her phone -- just not mine -- aarrrgh. so it's syching to google calendar on the google servers,but i just can't see it on my phone. what gives????!!!!

UPDATE 1: I am creating this event on the phone -- what is weird is that the repeating events do show up on google calendar on the web-- i have several now on the web calendar as i tried creating several test version but all failed to show up on the phone but do show up on the web. Thus synching is working as it got from my phone to the google calendar
I can see other events in the same google calendar on the phone and can create and view a single event but not a repeating event.

so repeating events can be created but can't see them in the google android calendar or any other calendar on the phone. weird weird weird.

ORIGINAL POST:
Using Nexus 6 with 5.0 lollipop using latest version of google calendar

Am trying the following"

Create a weekly repeating event starting january 17, 2015 from 12:00pm to 1:30pm ending march 21.

When i create this event with repeating option , it doesn't show up in the calendar no matter how many times i try it -doesn't show up, i can use repeat daily, weekly, monthly, forever or until a certain date or for a given number of events -- doesn't create the event.

Now if i can create a single event just for january 17, 2015 from 12:300pm to 1:30pm. that doesn't repeat. if you create that single event -- it shows up on the calendar immediately. But then edit the event and make it a repeating event. The event will disappear.

i have rebooted the phone, and haved tried creating using other calendar apps like business calendar and digical -- but same problem -- repeating events just disappear.

Thoughts? Is it just me?

Last edited:

cmatte

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I have had the same exact problem with recurring events disappearing randomly from my HTC One M8 since the first day I had it. The problem is not app-related: the same behaviour is ongoing on either Google Calendar app or HTC Calendar.
Events appear correctly the same moment you create them, is it on the web or smartphone, but then they disappear randomly throughout the day or the day after.
I have tried various fixes and workarounds...and an infinite support request to HTC...because this problem is 100% absent on any other device I own (HTC Desire HD, Google Nexus 7, synced Outlook calendars, synced Windows 8.1 calendars)...ofc no real solution came out.
However, I have found the root cause of the problem and I am now able to set recurring events with a very minor downside: if you toggle the ending date (or number of recurrences) and set it to no-end, it doesn't disappear at all. This is a big deal since at the end of the course of that recurring event, you can change the ending detail without even resetting the eventually modified single events in the series (I have seen this functionality appearing just recently). Of course these events will disappear from the device again in some little time, but at least you can see your everyday appointments.

I hope it helps ;)

kasdre

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I had the same problem, as I described at my posts.
Now I'm using the app "Business Calendar 2" from Appgenix Software. These guys solved the problem. Look the last log of this app:
- solved problem with disappearing recurrent events (clearing of calendar storage may be necessary, see updated FAQ article)
- inviting of attendees improved when using Exchange calendars
- bug fixes"

Well. I back up my data and clear the data of the app.
Now the calendar is working very well. I tested it deleting some recurring events and the other of the series events did not disapear.

regards

Fred Hache

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi all.
It's been years and I'm back here, rather pissed to be honest.
Sunrise calendar shut down some time back and I was back to square one.
This summer, I changed my Galasy S4 Mini for an S6 Edge and guess what... I still have the exact same problem!!!!!
So now I'm beginning to suspect that the issue is not related to mobiles, syncing or whatnot but to our Google account in the first place.
I'm thinking about opening a new google account (mine has existed virtually ever since gmail exists so this pissed me off) and trying out if things go back to normal then.
There's no way in the world I could be so unlucky as to completely change phones and still get the exact same issue...
Has any of you ever resorted to changing their Google account altogether and testing reccuring events on their new account?
Geese I'm tired of this... It's 2017 and I'm still struggling. Argh! C'mon Google engineers, get your **** together!

crabbz

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on a Moto G5s Plus running Android 7.1.1 As another data point, I sync the calendar with a CalDAV server, not with Google, I So I don't think it has to do with the Google account or syncing in general. Personally I think it is an obscure bug in the Android Calendar Storage. When the problem comes up the recurring events do not appear in any calendar app on the phone, but they are fine on the synced server. And when they show up again on the phone, they appear in every calendar app I try. It seems to be related to the back-end calendar stuff in Android (not Google calendar).

jmmtap

Aug 6, 2018
Visit site
I recently started having the same problem. Annual recurring events are on my Google Calendar (running on Chrome), but some of them are not showing up on the Google Calendar app. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 running on Oreo (v 8.0.0). Also, if I add a birthday to a Google contact, the birthday shows up on the Google calendar but not on the app.
I agree that this does not seem to be a sync or account issue. It does appear to be a problem with the Google calendar app.

jmmtap

Aug 6, 2018
Visit site
Changing the events and saving as "this and following events" did resolve the issue. But it looks like repeating events need to be saved to on the desktop version.
Also, this seems to only affect all day events, not repeating events set for certain time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej