Oops, I did it again!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I was at best buy today and played with the fold 5. It was amazing how smooth it opens and closes. Against better judgement I'm going to give it another try. It helped still able to get double memory and grand off. I'll be picking it up tomorrow or Monday. What's wrong with me??

61787c521e2eef8415211dfca4889030.jpg

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
What is the matter with you! You really have lost your mind.. I don't know of anybody on this site that just keeps buying phones and swapping them out.. I mean I don't know any members to be honest with you.. do you know any? Lmfao

I think I'm alone here. . I should never have played with the fold 5. I was there with my brother waiting on him when I seen it. I was really looking for tht Google fold but it wasn't there.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like you received a really good deal. It's hard to walk away from those.

I just purchased a new Surface Pro 8 as it was 55% off. I swore I'd never buy another piece of Microsoft hardware after the 'lemon' Surface Pro 4 I have. Then I saw the price ..... (savings of 1200.00)
🫣

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."
😄

Welcome Back!!

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I think I'm alone here. . I should never have played with the fold 5. I was there with my brother waiting on him when I seen it. I was really looking for tht Google fold but it wasn't there.
It's a solid device and good luck with the new one ..you don't know how many times I came close to picking one up bc of the deals ...almost got the OnePlus too haha ...but I just enjoy my Google devices too much to part right now ..I do miss some of that Sammy customization

MikeSoCal

May 12, 2023
Visit site
So I'm not the only one who goes back and forth between the Fold 5 and brand A 14 Pro Max? My carrier is probably getting annoyed that I switch back and forth.. each time I think I've got to get rid of one or the other I get pulled back in... I really want to love the Z, I have the 6 Classic watch which I want for the blood pressure readings, but also have the Apple Watch 7. Decisions.. decisions..

Reactions: Bkdodger1

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So I'm not the only one who goes back and forth between the Fold 5 and brand A 14 Pro Max? My carrier is probably getting annoyed that I switch back and forth.. each time I think I've got to get rid of one or the other I get pulled back in... I really want to love the Z, I have the 6 Classic watch which I want for the blood pressure readings, but also have the Apple Watch 7. Decisions.. decisions..

As far aa the watches go, the apple watch 7 wouldn't even be in my things of wanting. I have the ultra, that watch is worth wanting. If apple didn't have the ultra watch I would have never stayed with the iPhone. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone isn't a horrible phone, but I don't always agree with the "apple" way all the time. An example of the apple way...the time font on top for the screen is white and only white, no changing it. If you use a light color wallpaper you can hardly see the time..apple support actually says to change wallpaper to fix it. It's been that way for some time, apparently giving a option to change the color is to much to ask for. That dynamic window in the camera black out is actually great feature. Apple made that black cut out in the screen a useful thing.

I am now back to the fold 5, I'm back home. I will only bounce between the S23U or the fold 5. Going between the iPhone and a Samsung device is horrible with Verizon. Doing the esim to a physical sim is not easy thing to do and requires a call in. Changing the watch over is even more trouble.

I was doing the same thing as you,decisions decisions decisions, but my decision was made permanent and not because of above. It was due to this..I switched 2 times between iPhone and Samsung. Both times gave me a big headache...texting. When I came to android I would not get messages from some iPhone users the first time, they would get mine I would not get the reply. The second time they would get my message and I would get the reply..unless in the group then I would not get replies from the iPhone users. I did what I was suppose to do, turn iMessage off and FaceTime off on the iPhone before switching, the second time I turned that stuff off a couple days before switching. Apple confirmed my number was not registered. I finally got it working thru a lot of unnecessary stuff. I don't know how people can go between the 2 and not have issues, it's a very common problem. For that reason, going between the 2 platforms are not going to happen. Apple and Google need to get their iMessage and RCS working together.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Decision decision decision... That's me for like 3 versions ago up to last week when I finally relented. It's good to see on here many happy old Fold owners so the decision was made easier.

Reactions: trido#AC

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I was at best buy today and played with the fold 5. It was amazing how smooth it opens and closes. Against better judgement I'm going to give it another try. It helped still able to get double memory and grand off. I'll be picking it up tomorrow or Monday. What's wrong with me??

61787c521e2eef8415211dfca4889030.jpg
Heck I am way worse took back one plus 11 had planned on getting from bestbuy.com the One Plus OPEN but would not have till next tues. Oh my here it is 5 pm on Friday and I cant wait till TUE? But BB had the fold 5 at 1499 so bought it in store.Plus got a 50 dollar BB gift card used it toward a case.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Heck I am way worse took back one plus 11 had planned on getting from bestbuy.com the One Plus OPEN but would not have till next tues. Oh my here it is 5 pm on Friday and I cant wait till TUE? But BB had the fold 5 at 1499 so bought it in store.Plus got a 50 dollar BB gift card used it toward a case.
Is this your first fold? Hopefully you're happy w with the impulse not going to wait purchase, lol. I did that when I bought the iPhone, I purchased it after being told by Samsung my fold 4 was just normal wear and tear, so my impulse was mostly a p$$ed off at Samsung purchase. I'm giving the fold another chance as I do love opening it up to the big screen

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Is this your first fold? Hopefully you're happy w with the impulse not going to wait purchase, lol. I did that when I bought the iPhone, I purchased it after being told by Samsung my fold 4 was just normal wear and tear, so my impulse was mostly a p$$ed off at Samsung purchase. I'm giving the fold another chance as I do love opening it up to the big screen
Well I have tried the 4 then the 5 NEVER kept them over 14 days. This time I had 800 dollars in BB gift cards and I DO want to keep a folding phone. My issue been worried too much on getting screen issues.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well I have tried the 4 then the 5 NEVER kept them over 14 days. This time I had 800 dollars in BB gift cards and I DO want to keep a folding phone. My issue been worried too much on getting screen issues.
My screen issues have always been the screen protector. It's to be expected as it's always where it bends all the time. This is one phone I won't go without the Samsung care+, at the very least $250 gets me a replacement.

Reactions: J Dubbs

bls819522

Aug 18, 2018
Visit site
I have been looking at doing the same thing. I had a S23 Ultra and went with the Fold 5 when it came out and couldn't get used to it so I sent it back for a full refund. Now I have been looking at it again and I did go back to my S23 Ultra. The One Plus does look good as well. Not sure yet or maybe wait for the S24 Ultra.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos