OP 7 Pro 1st Impressions coming from 6T

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Got mine. Loving it so far especially this huge display! This phone is fast and smooth just as they claimed and the haptics feel just as good as on the V30.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
The phone is slippery as all get out. Definitely using the clear case until I get a Dbrand skin on this thing. Reminds me of my first Android phone the Xperia Z3.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Do people really upgrade their phones every 6 months?

I have a phone for the weekdays and a phone for the weekends.

My daily drivers are the oneplus 6t mclaren edition and the Samsung s10+. I also have in a drawer, a huawei p20 pro, a Onplus 5 and oneplus 3t. I gave my girlfriend the 5t

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a phone for the weekdays and a phone for the weekends.

My daily drivers are the oneplus 6t mclaren edition and the Samsung s10+. I also have in a drawer, a huawei p20 pro, a Onplus 5 and oneplus 3t. I gave my girlfriend the 5t
All you need now is a camera and 1.3m subscribers.lol

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm only a short afternoon in with mine, but so far I'm very impressed. The size is not as jarring as I anticipated it would be. It's very responsive and snappy, as OnePlus phones tend to be. And of course I'm loving the screen. The curved edges are something I thought would bother me a little more than it does. I'd still rather have a flat display but I think I can acclimate to the design on that front. Overall, It feels like a definite step up from the 6T--which one would expect given the price hike. Haven't tested call quality yet but signal strength seems comparable.

One last thing. What an improvement for the fingerprint scanner. Lightning fast now and accurate. Wow.

Last edited:

liquid29

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
So far I'm happy with it. I really wanted stereo speakers and a seamless screen, and it's delivered that along with the bumped specs. Having used it for a few days, it's pretty much the same as the 6T overall. It's faster, but I was never slamming the 6T performance limits to begin with.

One thing I do miss from the 6T is the flat screen. I've never understood the appeal of curved screens, and the 7 Pro hasn't changed that for me. Not a deal breaker by any means, but it's one element of the 6T I would have liked the company to have kept the same. I'm also not happy I can't uninstall the Netflix app, but this is more a nitpick than a complaint. I've read that OnePlus did some work with Netflix to make video look snappy, so I'm guessing it's just from that and not the beginning of bloatware in the OS. Haptics are definitely better, sound is definitely better, and while I'm not a screen accuracy nut it looks pretty to me. One other thing I really like is that the front facing camera is on demand; I've almost never used it in my previous phones so having it off most of the time is great. No notch is the best notch in my view. I know a lot of people don't like the weight, but honestly I've barely noticed it. That's highly subjective, though, so I understand why for some it's a big deal. As with the 6T, the Oxygen OS is just stellar. OnePlus has made so many great choices with the OS that it really will be hard to leave it if I ever get to that point. I've played with the Pixel 3 and buttonless gesture future Google seems to be steering towards is...not fantastic in my opinion.

Overall, this definitely feels like an iteration upgrade but one that includes some really key changes that made it an easy call for me.

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Do people really upgrade their phones every 6 months?

I normally don't but I was one that went from 6t to 7 pro because of screen and stereo speakers. 6t was my first OnePlus device. Loved the speed and snappiness but hated the screen resolution (i can see the difference between 1080 and 1440) and the speakers since I watch videos all the time. I was spoiled with Samsung's before but team OnePlus now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201