Tab S9 Impressions

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I know it may be too soon for some, but how is it going so far with your tab S9?

For me it's going exceptionally well. Honestly much better than I thought it would as I opted for the S9 Ultra. Was kind of spektical as last year I tried out the S8 Ultra last year and although I thought it was a nice tab I just felt it was too big to use comfortably on a daily so I reverted back to my S7+ (which is still running great). Decided to test out the Ultra model again thinking maybe I didn't give it a fair chance and I'm glad I did. My impressions of the device have completely changed this year. On first glance it seems lighter (although I know it's because I'm not using the keyboard case) and the screen is more captivating. The 2" difference in screen is noticable in a good way. I'm loving how vibrant the content looks and how snappy this thing is moving. The one thing I would love is if it had cellular support. Other than that I'm loving the honey moon stage with my S9 Ultra.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Enjoying the S9 Ultra, personally need the max possible screen and this 15 inch beauty amazes everytime I watch something or browse something. At the moment it's my go to tablet over my iPad pro 12.9 inch and iPad mini. The screen on this thing is just so beautiful and appreciate Samsung putting the highest end SOC and everything is top tier.

I'm also glad I went with full book cover keyboard this year since the back angle is adjustable to any angle. Especially useful when watching stuff on the tablet. Last year I had got the book cover slim keyboard which basically killed the utility of the tablet with not so great keyboard and only one angle for tablet.

Flossy also dropped the review video just today for entertainment

Last edited:

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes I love the stands on the keyboard cover. Can adjust to just about any angle. Hate that you have to spend so much to get it though. Wish the smart cover came with the same stand mechanism as the front cover is interchangeable with the stand from the keyboard case.

Reactions: bhatech

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I enjoy my ultra. I'm pleased with the battery life. It has a gorgeous screen, and everything just works.

I do wish it had more volume. It would be nice if there were more than 3 choices for screen grid size too, but that is a mior anesthetic issue.

Does anyone have the slim keyboard bookcover yet?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes I love the stands on the keyboard cover. Can adjust to just about any angle. Hate that you have to spend so much to get it though. Wish the smart cover came with the same stand mechanism as the front cover is interchangeable with the stand from the keyboard case.
The keyboard detaches to easily for me. I had the tablet tumble off my lap, leaving the keyboard behind. Fortunately, no harm done.

Reactions: notacoach

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The keyboard detaches to easily for me. I had the tablet tumble off my lap, leaving the keyboard behind. Fortunately, no harm done.
Oh wow. I think the old design was a little better but unfortunately doesn't have the back light like the new keyboard. I also don't like the track pad on the new keyboard. It has a really plasticy click sound lol.

Reactions: recDNA

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Lol I had the same thing happen one time and after that stopped using on the lap. Luckily no damage to the tablet.

Reactions: recDNA

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Received my S9 and keyboard cover. Absolutely loved the device, and especially the multitasking vs the Ipad. Unfortunately, I returned it. This is the second Samsung device I've returned this year due to the internet connection dropping on WPA3 Wifi 6e. Reached out to Samsung, and they didn't have a clue what to do. Scripted response full of the usual things to do. The S23 I returned in April, and now the S9 are the only devices with this issue. No other device in our household has these problems, including our two S23 Ultra's which work fine. Samsung finally told us to set out modem for WPA2. Excuse me? This is 2023. Every device should work with WPA3 that was released in 2023. I've never been so disappointed. If you look on the internet, there are tons of complaints about this issue. Samsung needs to fix this problem.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I traded my Tab S7 for the Tab S9. So far, I like it and I am not disappointed. I am able to use my old Tab S7/S8 keyboard cover with it. No issues with internet connectivity both at home and about and about. I like the new book cover. I can pop the cover off and pop on the keyboard. The sound quality is really good.

I use Microsoft Launcher, so integrating it with my S22 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Book2 360 Pro laptop, and (over 5yo) Dell Inspiron desktop works great.

I thought about the Tab S9+, but it was too big for what I need.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the Ultra but would like a small tablet as well. I keep hearing about s9 sales but whenever I check there is only the "$100 off" that has been there feom the beginning.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I traded in my Tab S8 for the Tab S9. I purchased the Tab So9 right before the debut of the S24. Samsung gave me $500 for my S8 with an educational discount. I paid $140 for the upgrade.
Similar here, with my s7fe and moving to a 9+ - the trade in was more than I paid for the FE last year which is why I took the plunge.

It's a little silly that they're marketing the "free upgrade" space since the tablet still has SD card capacity, but the education and other discounts plus the trade in made it a very attractive option. I hope it's a little more responsive than the FE using MobileSheets music software, and also has slightly better battery management. Thr s7fe was GREAT for battery until the last 0S update, at which point it somewhat tanked :-/

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I love my S9+. Nice bright display, loud and clear speakers. Banger tablet all around.
00ef27f95e60965c3e8de41df921cb30.jpg

Reactions: lateck2