optimus T bricked cant find help elsewhere

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
im doing a optimus t rooted it and flashed recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0 now it stays on in lg bootloop i cant get it to start in recovery or e-mode just boot loop
i know its not the right thread but the T threads got no awnser and i figure you all like a challenge plus its not my phone so im kinda looking bad:-\

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
To get into recovery, use "adb reboot recovery".....

This will pull you into your recovery image...

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

If you can attempt it, aquire an ADB SHELL... Use zefie's flash_image and flash Xionia... Restore a NanDroid backup or use advanced > fix recovery bootloop.

That'll fix a boot loop into recovery..

Try to flash a ROM...

Hope it helps.

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
If you can attempt it, aquire an ADB SHELL... Use zefie's flash_image and flash Xionia... Restore a NanDroid backup or use advanced > fix recovery bootloop.

That'll fix a boot loop into recovery..

Try to flash a ROM...

Hope it helps.

Patrick,

If the phone cannot boot up or boot into recovery, there is no possible way to communicate with the phone via ADB. this can only happen within Recovery or when booted up.

I bootlooped my Optimus S the other day by messing up a recovery image flash, and i used kp500 to get it unstuck. In fact, the un-brick process didn't even go to completion, but it somehow allowed me to boot up...then i was able to flash a new recovery image and fix the problem

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Patrick,

If the phone cannot boot up or boot into recovery, there is no possible way to communicate with the phone via ADB. this can only happen within Recovery or when booted up.

I bootlooped my Optimus S the other day by messing up a recovery image flash, and i used kp500 to get it unstuck. In fact, the un-brick process didn't even go to completion, but it somehow allowed me to boot up...then i was able to flash a new recovery image and fix the problem

could you post a link?

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
when i did the kindle fire i was kinda stuck like this then one of the tools allowed me to force reboot it back to normal boot mode

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I feel like if you're able to get an update .cab file for the optimus T...you should be able to use it with the kp500 lg update utility and it should work the same as it does for the optimus s. i don't know for sure, though. and i don't know if there's a .cab out there for the T.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
He should innocently eat the windows logo like its struggling to get away but he doesn't notice(because its beneath him)
Mabe a little blood:D

Or even sharing a plate of windows cookies with his penguin buddy but that might detract from the hippo idk I tend to take the things to a morbid route
Are you shooting for cute,funny,

I got a idea to make one with a android mobster doing a drive by on a family of apples haveing a picnic killing all but one that runs then gets ran down and pined against a tree ending with a max payne style execution with a gun pressed against his apple with the final bloody gunshot splattering applesauce everywhere:D

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
This should have been posted on "hippo theme/bootanimation" thread

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickAkridge

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Wow that last post I did early today on another thread thats AC. App bug I think?

Anyway.? Would. The .cab file be lg-p509.cab or.... IV never worked with cab files on android before.

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Wow that last post I did early today on another thread thats AC. App bug I think?

Anyway.? Would. The .cab file be lg-p509.cab or.... IV never worked with cab files on android before.

I honestly have no idea. I would wait for someone like Drew to shed some light...

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
im doing a optimus t rooted it and flashed recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0 now it stays on in lg bootloop i cant get it to start in recovery or e-mode just boot loop
i know its not the right thread but the T threads got no awnser and i figure you all like a challenge plus its not my phone so im kinda looking bad:-\

I found two threads in the T forum to solve unbricking or you could have started a new thread for further references...

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Wait. You flashed an Optimus S recovery to the Optimus T??!?! You might be hosed, unless someone in the Optimus T forums has an idea.

FYI: The Optimus T is a GSM device. Optimus S is CDMA. The two are NOT cross-compatible.