Optimus USB storage connection to read a microSD with NTFS format

JINXR65

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
This morning, I needed to put an 11GB file onto my phone in order to move it to work. I found out the FAT32 limitation of 4GB, so I used Windows 7 to convert my card from FAT32 to NTFS while it was connected as a USB drive through my phone.

Everything worked fine, I transferred my files over and disconnected my phone. I get to work and suddenly it won't let me connect as a USB drive anymore. Turns out Android doesn't support NTFS.

I really need this file on my work computer today and I have no way of doing it now. Is there some hack I can do on my phone to get it to connect to my computer as a disk drive?

JINXR65

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Optimus USB storage connection to read a microSD with NTFS fo

NEVERMIND. My Blackberry Torch was able to mount it, even though NTFS is incompatible with it too.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a custom recovery? Possibly from there you could mount USB storage and get it

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

JINXR65

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Wow, I'm getting 8 MB/sec with the Blackberry. Normally I only get 3.5 MB/sec with Android. What's up with that? :confused:

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

1. Place the microSD card in a SD card adapter and put it in a card reader. This should allow Windows or Linux to mount it as a storage partition.
  2. Download the file you need onto your work computer.
  3. Reformat the microSD card to FAT32 and place back in the Android device.
You might consider getting an external HDD if you are going to transport files that huge.

JINXR65

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

1. Place the microSD card in a SD card adapter and put it in a card reader. This should allow Windows or Linux to mount it as a storage partition.
  2. Download the file you need onto your work computer.
  3. Reformat the microSD card to FAT32 and place back in the Android device.
You might consider getting an external HDD if you are going to transport files that huge.

I thought I had a card adapter here, but I don't. Well, I do have a mini-SD adapter, but not a micro-SD adapter. I have 3 at home, so I'll be sure to bring one in just in case.

I don't normally have to do this, so it's not a big deal.

However, I want to know how to get these faster transfer speeds with Android. I can't believe the Blackberry is twice as fast.

JINXR65

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Do you have a custom recovery? Possibly from there you could mount USB storage and get it

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

I'm going to try that once the BB is done. I wonder if I get better read/write speeds while in recovery.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

However, I want to know how to get these faster transfer speeds with Android. I can't believe the Blackberry is twice as fast.

Have you adjusted your cache size? I took mine from 128 to 2048 using SD Booster. It really does not effect most transfers much, but with multi-GB files...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos