Oreo gripes

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
How do I view a list of old notifications?

Every once in a while I get a vibrate and there is nothing is new in notifications. I specifically turn off vibrate for notifications so I don't think it's any of my usual stuff.

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
How do I view a list of old notifications?

Every once in a while I get a vibrate and there is nothing is new in notifications. I specifically turn off vibrate for notifications so I don't think it's any of my usual stuff.
I'm noticing that too, and I think it vibrates anytime a signal comes and goes whether WiFi or cellular, I'm in a fringe cellular area so I get the mystery vibrate a lot.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Data usage is no longer a graph. Now I have no idea of about when the data was used.

Edit, apparently it's a couple taps deeper now.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
It's things like this that make me wonder sometimes if it's really worth the trouble having a phone that gets the updates before anyone else does. I understand the O/S is new and it is going to take time to roll out things and make changes, but with google they fix one thing and break something else in the process. The fixes either take a long time to come, or they never come and then google hits us with the infamous line of " That issue has been addressed or this is the first we are hearing of such thing. I am no apple fan boy by any means but that is what makes apple so great at what they do.

While things are not perfect with apple either, at least the issues get addressed and when fixes come, they WORK

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Part of the problem with the early update cycle is that it's unusual. So you get the new OS as soon as it released but lot of devs are slow to update their apps accordingly. They're looking at the mass market devices by Samsung, for example, that are months away from an update. Devs don't feel the pressure to act sooner. Nexus/Pixel owners are the minority. Once the big manufacturers are on the update train, you'll see some changes.

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Another gripe of mine is that my Newstand widget won't respond to page fwd/back taps. I have to open then close the widget before I can page through it. Weird.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok on the car Bluetooth controls not working under 8; go into developer options and AVRCP to 1.6, or try the three options there. It appears to have worked for me.

DrGonzo48

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My pixel is obviously much slower since the update. My guess is older unsupported apps clogging things up. Bummed - it was still smooth as silk one year in.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok on the car Bluetooth controls not working under 8; go into developer options and AVRCP to 1.6, or try the three options there. It appears to have worked for me.

I'll try this tomorrow. I was really bummed because my bluetooth worked perfectly in the truck (16 Tacoma), but once I switched to oreo it went to hell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha