Owners - what are your impressions of the Galaxy S10?

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
When I place the S10+ next to the Pixel 3XL they appear to be the same physical size so I'm not sure you mean by the Pixel being embarrassingly large.

Galaxy S10+ is smaller in every dimension (LxWxH) than the Pixel 3 XL and has a larger screen, substantially larger battery, more cameras and 3.5mm jack. With all those features/specs in a phone that has a larger screen in a smaller body, yes the Pixel 3 XL looks Embarrassingly large to me.

The Galaxy S10+ is a good 2-3mm thinner in width as well, which helps tremendously with one hand usage.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S10+ is smaller in every dimension (LxWxH) than the Pixel 3 XL and has a larger screen, substantially larger battery, more cameras and 3.5mm jack. With all those features/specs in a phone that has a larger screen in a smaller body, yes the Pixel 3 XL looks Embarrassingly large to me.

The Galaxy S10+ is a good 2-3mm thinner in width as well, which helps tremendously with one hand usage.

Putting them side by side one the Pixel isn't that much larger than the Samsung. I can't feel the difference 2 millimeters makes in my hand and I don't have large hands.

You factoring how much Samsung was able to pack into a similar footprint is a different story. Samsung did a great job and it stands on it's own merits.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Great phone with excellent camera. In a vacuum it would be raved about, but the Pixel exists so it's not the top device for photography. But I side loaded the Google camera and mapped it to my Bixby button and I get the best of both worlds.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Great phone with excellent camera. In a vacuum it would be raved about, but the Pixel exists so it's not the top device for photography. But I side loaded the Google camera and mapped it to my Bixby button and I get the best of both worlds.

Did you get it to work with all of the lenses?

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Putting them side by side one the Pixel isn't that much larger than the Samsung. I can't feel the difference 2 millimeters makes in my hand and I don't have large hands.

You factoring how much Samsung was able to pack into a similar footprint is a different story. Samsung did a great job and it stands on it's own merits.

I have relatively large hands and the S10+ I find is much easier to hold one handed than the Pixel 3 XL. It's only a few mm off the side, but I can feel it.

Well the Huawei P30 Pro exists, so it looks like it holds the crown for best camera phone. It's zoom and low light in particular obliterates the Pixel 3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow