Passport Login/Logout Issues

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Forum logs me out randomly

Home, FF browser (newest). This all started maybe a week ago at most. Prior to that, never had any issues.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

I used to always be logged in when I returned to the forums / site before the Passport login. Now when I close the browser and come back it doesn't have me auto-logged in. I'm using Chrome on Red Hat Linux.

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: AndroidCntral forums not logging in

Seems to be working well this morning, desktop and mobile. If someone fixed it, thanks! If not - thanks just the same. :)

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

No "love" for me either on AC app (tapatalk). I can't log in.
Also, desktop version asks me to log in every time I enter the AC site (using Chrome on Vista 64 bit).

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I've given up with the AC App and just access it through the net. Although like tsells said even the Net version is being buggy lately.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site

I have to log back in all the time when I return after I'm away for a while. I'm using Windows 7 and Chrome.

Sort of frustrating.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm having to hit the Login button every time I return after closing all tabs. Currently at work behind Webwasher or something; Firefox 16.0.2 on Windows 7.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Seems this all started for me when that big red "Passport Live!" button started showing up (I think).

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Still getting logged out using Chrome/desktop and Opera Mini/phone.
On the desktop just clicking Log In gets me back in, on the phone it's hit or miss.

talonsmith

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site

this is driving me up the wall. As soon as you click log in, or any logged in required items you are automatically logged in without having to do anything. I am on firefox 17 and Vista PC.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

Hey everyone - I apologize to those of you who are experiencing problems with Passport. Passport was a major undertaking, and as with any project of this scope, there will be a few kinks to work out. For those of you that continue to have problems, it would really be helpful if you could provide your browser type/version, OS, and any 3rd party plug-ins you might be using. Also, if you can describe any steps you can take to reproduce the issue, that would also be useful.

Thanks!

Cory

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Newest chrome, no extensions. Win7 32 bit ultimate. To duplicate, I just close the browser, then reopen, go to ac and I have to log in. Also, letting it idol for 20 minutes or so and mess with other tabs, it will time out

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

Hey everyone - I apologize to those of you who are experiencing problems with Passport. Passport was a major undertaking, and as with any project of this scope, there will be a few kinks to work out. For those of you that continue to have problems, it would really be helpful if you could provide your browser type/version, OS, and any 3rd party plug-ins you might be using. Also, if you can describe any steps you can take to reproduce the issue, that would also be useful.

Thanks!

Cory

Browser: Chrome for Linux Version 25.0.1323.1 dev
Browser extensions: Adblock Plus 1.3.1, Google Mail checker 4.4

Steps: Started up Chrome this morning, went to my AC Forums bookmark. Red Passport is Live, have to click login. Happens every morning.

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Do you know if you block third-party cookies on the desktop browser? When you logout it occurs on mobilenations.com, but we load an image from androidcentral.com that initiates the cookie reset. If third party cookies are blocked, that would not occur.

I've only had time to check the public PC I use daily and yes, it's set to block third-party cookies (low privacy setting in IE8). Whatever updates you guys pushed out seem to have fixed the issue though. I can log out like a champ now.

I did run into a different issue when trying to reply to your post. I wasn't logged in but clicked Reply. This used to take me to the log in page and then back to the topic with the reply window open and ready for me to type in, but this time it took me to the passport sign up (not in) page. There was an option for already having an account and just needing to log in so I clicked that. When I logged in it took me to the account manager page. So not a huge issue since all I had to do was navigate to the right topic and hit Reply again but an odd one none the less.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Being repeatedly logged-out during the day and never stay logged-in overnight when I start Chrome (Version 23.0.1271.64 m) the next day. Windows 7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meta321