phone icon is missing

aredub

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
This happened to my Samsung S7 after the Nougat update -- the phone and contacts apps were nowhere to be found. I use Apex Launcher and (fortunately) had recently backed up my desktop settings. I restored them and voila.

aredub

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
This happened to my Samsung S7 after the Nougat update -- the phone and contacts apps were nowhere to be found. I use Apex Launcher and first tried restoring my (backed up) desktop settings. That restored the icons, but clicking them didn't work -- the apps were no longer installed. Neither app appeared in the tray (the 3 dots menu) or the app manager, nor could I find them in the Play Store. I finally found them by long-pressing a blank spot on the desktop and choosing Apps. I then pressed one of the missing apps and it appeared on my desktop. Ditto the other. Yay!

Albyrne

Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
This occurred with my amazon kindle icon went AWOL after a system update was done. I could not find it in the application folder only in the application manager so the above posts were useless.

SOLUTION: (at least for the Samsung galaxy S3)

After entering into the application folder (APPS - see GSDers post above) , tap the menu button (on the galaxy s3 it is the touch button on the far bottom, to the left.)

You will see a menu list which starts with PLAY STORE. Here is why you have problems. there is a last folder named SHOW HIDDEN APPLICATIONS which is not visible until you scroll down one last line. open that it and you will see all icons including your lost one. highlight the check box next to it. THEN PRESS DONE AT THE TOP RIGHT (NOT THE BACK BUTTON ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT = FAILURE.) Your icon will now appear in the APPS folder and hold and move to your Active pages as GSDer clearly noted above in his post.

I struggled with this for a couple of days and finally regained my Amazon Kindle Icon with this process. Good luck.

I have a Note 4, and a similar solution worked. The phone icon was missing from both my home screen and my app drawer. One step was different, however. My missing phone app wasn't in the hidden icons selection. There was no Hidden selection available. So, I selected Hide. The phone icon was visible there. I didn't even uncheck or check the box. I checked the box of another item, experimentally. When I went back, I found the Hidden catagory was niw accessible. I unchecked my experimental icon. Oddly, the Phone icon was now available in my apps drawer, even though I hadn't done anything to it.

Dickmclean

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
On the Samsung Galaxy S9

-Long hold anywhere on Home screen,
-Select Home Screen Settings,
-Scroll to bottom, select "Hide Apps",
-Deselect whichever apps you have hidden which are listed at the top, "Phone" was there in my case.

Hope this helps