Phone Issues

Pakbackr

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Got my Rezound in Feb 2012, so it's only 16 months old. When I try to make a phone call, it often takes several minutes for the call to actually initiate. The first few times this happened, I assumed I hadn't pressed the contact name, so I did that again. Eventually the initial call would start ringing and as soon the person answers, the second call rings over the first. God forbid I need to make a quick call...forget it. It doesn't do this all the time, which makes it so frustrating. Can't believe Verizon is going to force people to wait a full 24 months between new phones. I can't wait to drop this Rezond for something new...and I am reluctant to get another HTC because of this issue. Anyone else ever experienced this?

jameyscott56

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
While I have not experienced times like that, I have to wait a good 15-20 seconds to call (on a different phone same carrier) A possible solution if no one else has one is just do a factory reset.

sent from a small tablet aka N2

Tyson Fulton

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a Rezound as well, which I got in November 2011. I am having a similar issue when it comes to making calls using the contacts widget. Rather than ringing twice, it just puts the first call on hold. Unfortunately, I have had to do several factory resets to try to eliminate several problems. I was having problems with it just acting like I was touching the screen and selecting things, even when I had set it down (took about 4 factory resets, including a hard reset to get rid of this issue). I've also had issues with what appears to be a dead spot on the screen where it won't select things in that area. I'm done with HTC after this. I know the HTC One is being raved about, but I am too worried about having repeat issues. I want to get a Nexus 4, but need to wait until my contract runs out since it won't work on Verizon.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree, this happens every now and again for me. I received a warranty replacement phone back in June (for another issue) and I don't have the problem as often. The replacement phone has been great. But, I doubt I will buy another HTC phone. They just don't support their phones. The Rezound was their hot new phone 20 months ago and in less than a year they stopped all the updates. I will go with a company that supports their phones.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
In the last several months, I've been having the same problem. It's maddening when you dial a number, click Call, and nothing seems to be happening. I've had my Rezound since late November 2011, and this is something recent.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree that this problem is something that has become common just in the last few months. It's frustrating for sure. Maybe the last update caused something. I've been wondering if this happens when there's a network connection issue. It seems like Verizon has had more dropped calls and spotty 4G access lately.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames