Phone recently unlocking on home screen instead of the app I locked it on, how can I fix?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Over the past couple of days my phone has recently started to immediately go to my home screen after I lock and unlock it after being on an app. I have a Huawei P Smart.

Usually when I lock my phone whilst being on an app, upon unlocking my phone (I only unlock my phone using my pass code nothing else) it would stay on that app on what I left it on but now when I lock and unlock my phone it goes to my homescreen and not the app I was on.

I don't know why this has happened or if its fixable, I've tried googling it over and over and can't seem to find anything to help me. I'm not the most tech savvy so hopefully someone can help. I haven't installed any new apps but this problem is mostly occurring when I use Snapchat so it could be a problem with that app but I'm unsure.

The only thing I've done recently that I've never done before is use the power saving mode whilst not changing anything settings wise, that mode is off now of course. I have turned my phone off and on and then restated it both not seemingly changing the problem, what can I do now?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Huawei is notorious for overly aggressive RAM management (meaning the system kills apps quickly when they're in the background): https://dontkillmyapp.com/. Try turning off Battery Optimization for the apps in question in the system settings.