Phone says wife is in India, she's really in Texas

leonffs

May 13, 2010
Visit site
These things are happening because our planets magnetosphere is totally out of wack therefore effecting our phones gps/time locations. Also the pole shift is starting to happen. Last week people started to notice compasses were off a good 180 deg with average fluctuations of 10-20 degrees. I'm pointing my evo compass to the western mountains and its showing East. If i set it down my compass needle is bouncing around 10-30 deg off. There was a story of an airport in Florida last week that had to re designate its runways because of the above mentioned problems, and that wasn't the only airport that had to (quietly) do so. This is just the start of problems and things to come. :eek:
Before you go around scaring people you need to know the facts. This is not a new thing...the magnetic field has been shifting gradually for decades now. The story on Tampa International was that by this point in time it has gotten so bad that they finally had to correct it. It's been a problem for a while. Nothing to worry about people.

And yes, my Evo is having the same problem. It has thought I was in Nairobi, Rio de Janeiro, Athens Greece, and several other strange places.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue but I've narrowed the culprit to my Airave. When I'm connected to it, my GPS apps think I'm about 100 no miles from where I really am.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G

jospin

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Strange occurrence, my wife's HTC clock widget is indicating her current time and location as Hyderabad, India. Trust me we have never been there. I removed the widget and reinstalled. I unchecked the automatic setting in Date & Time menu and selected Central Time Zone, now the time in the very top right corner of the status bar is correct but the HTC widget time is wrong. When I click on the HTC clock, under World Clock it shows Current - Hyderabad, Home - Houston.

Has anyone seen this before.

What you have to do is go to setting------->then location----->then use gps location select it and it will bring you to the screen that had on and off at bottom and reselect on and it should reset your location to the right one

Tinmann77

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
What you have to do is go to setting------->then location----->then use gps location select it and it will bring you to the screen that had on and off at bottom and reselect on and it should reset your location to the right one

Doesn't work.

My problem has nothing to do with the GPS, the world clock shows me in the correct position, but instead of recognizing Nogales,Arizona or Nogales,Sonora,Mexico the phone now recognizes Nogales as being the same time zone as Nogales, Roma Sur, Cuauhtémoc, México D.f., Mexico which is several hundred miles away.

My major issue is I change timezones fairly often, so having to set it manually is a major hassle.

Also I use Verizon, already called them, and they show me using a tower in az, and So it's not a provider issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d