Phone speaker volume too loud

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've already seen several threads on this already, but most people were using headphones, apps, or third party options. My phone is a Samsung TCL 30, I seem to be missing some sound settings others had as well. Basically, volume setting is one click from zero and still sounds incredibly loud through the speaker, so I can't sneakily watch tiktoks next to my sleeping partner. Send help!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

While it seems odd that being one click above zero would be loud in any way there is one thing to check. Check that there are no accessibility features on. There is a setting that increase the volume for the hearing impaired, make sure that is not on. Beyond that it may be a perception thing. Don't under estimate how something can be when ambient noise levels are low. What would be inaudible at 12 noon is blaring at 12 midnight.

You could try an app. There are any number of volume control apps at the Play Store. Some focus on controlling different volumes for different aspects, music/media, notifications, ringtone, headphones on and on. There are also volume boosters but I would think there would also be one for users like you who feel the device is too loud.

There may be hardware way to make a change in developer options. I caution to only dive into the developer options if you know what you're doing, have a guide for the changes you want to make or have a really strong memory for what was changed and how to change it back. Developer options can get users in trouble so it is best not to play around in them willy nilly.

Let us know what you find. To receive notifications when others reply to your thread and to leave comments of your own please take a minute to create an account. It will help you communicate and get help. This link will guide you through how to do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali